Bluzoom

Sources for thread and nice belt leather

I am starting up a shop from scratch and local suppliers are either non-existent or carry limited supplies. I saw a thread in the forum some time ago about a good source for bonded nylon thread. I recently purchased a Consew 206 RB-5 and love it. That said, I am looking for a variety of colors and sizes for various projects. I am making purses, dopp kits, wallets and belts. 

I am also searching for a source for goood quality belt leather. Eons ago I used to use what was called French Butt which was like butter to work with. Locally, my choices are Tandy and another supplier and the veg tan belt leather just doesn't do it for me. Recommendations anyone, all help is greatly appreciated.

You might try The Thread Exchange. They have quite a selection. As for the leather, there are many online places to look. Seems like everyone has a favorite. But perhaps you could give a bit more info as to what you are looking for. Sides, blanks, going to tool it, weight, etc. ?

I am looking for some good quality veg tan in 8-9 oz and 9-10 oz for belt leather. Likely double butts are best with the least waste for belts. I do some light tooling, not the traditional western designs but add lacing or stitching but prefer a buttery textured leather than has a firm mellow texture. 

I haven't tried Horween or some of the others but I am guessing I will be doing so. I am looking for some options and opinions about what other folks are using and really appreciate the expertise of the folks here as I have been doing a bit of research and reading some of the threads here, you folks are amazing. Thanks in advance for your assistance.