Black all around. Even my hands are black... Somehow.. haha. Glock 30 (SF)pancake... Ahem... Flapjack holster for a friend's husband. 8/9oz wickett and Craig. Hand stitched blah blah. Let me know your thoughts! 

20181214_203135-864x864.jpg

20181214_203142-864x864.jpg

20181214_203105-864x864.jpg

Three things:  critical

1.  That is going to be one uncomfortable holster, . . . unless he has a portly side flap of human body in which the inside of the molding can settle into.  You molded way too much of the weapon into the inside.  

2.  Unless he is wearing a very thin belt (maybe 1 inch wide) threading it through the holes will prove to be problematic and will destroy whatever belt he is wearing.  Cut your belt holes so that the tops and bottoms are on parallel planes as sides of a box, . . . not a trapezoid as you did here.

3.  There is an ugly little "point" on the top of the body shield, . . . sand these off with a belt sander.  Same goes for the little point on top of the back side belt loop area.  These would never appear if you took the holster, . . . after final construction, but before sewing, . . . and sanded, beveled, and polished the edges.  It does not add to the function of the piece, . . . but it most certainly does add to the appearance, . . . which will ultimately bring in customers or send them off to other makers.

Two things:  applaud

1.  Your hand stitching is far better than mine was when I bought my sewing machine

2.  Your molding is good, . . . not over done like so many I've seen, . . . yet done quite well enough to be useful 

You are starting out fairly good, . . . just pay more attention to the end user, . . . 

Make a mock up of any "new" pattern, . . . wear it yourself for a couple days, . . . how does it fit?  How does it unholster?  How does it conceal?

Don't get me wrong, . . . I've made a few holsters with hidden gremlins that came up to bite later, . . . but we have all gotten through them, . . .  learned from them, . . . you can also, . . . and I have a sneaking hunch you will.

May God bless,

Dwight

Ya needa butter yer flapjacks.  By that I mean smooth out them there wrinkles.  Modeling tool and them wrinkles come out of W/C leather just like butterin' yer toast (which may explain the price?).  Wrinkles not okay, even on the back.

I don't think it looks all that bad, though I do wonder if that angle isn't a bit steep once it's on the belt.  Well, for my wrists anyway.

Different folks like different things and place their priorities accordingly. Dwight and Jeff's commentary seems pretty fair to me if you're looking for critical feedback. The angles of the pictures can make something look tighter than it is, but it does appear to me that it'll be difficult to get the grip with the wing of the back belt slot so close. The angle of the holster does seem pretty steep as Jeff had mentioned as well, although maybe the guy requested it like that. Wrinkles on the back don't bug me that much, but Jeff's not wrong to say it'd look better without them. The area I see that could be improved, which was also noted by Dwight, is to smooth out the outside shape of your pattern, round out the sharp corners some more and even it up a bit. My $0.02 that hasn't already been mentioned is to maybe consider getting either a new, or better edge beveler. I'm not sure what you're using now, but it doesn't appear to be giving you great results. For 2 layers of 7/8 I like a #3 Bissonette, I get the safety ones from Weaver here "https://www.weaverleathersupply.com/catalog/item-detail/67-4001-3/bissonnette-safety/pr_9486/cp_/shop-now/hand-tools/edge-bevelers" there are better (and more expensive) options, but these work OK for me and the cost isn't too bad. For a single layer of 7/8 I like a #2, but if I only had 1(and for a good while I only did have 1) it'd be a #3. 
Anyway, all that to say that it is a good looking holster! Especially considering that it's for a Glock, which in my opinion don't lend themselves to good looking holsters. 

All the best, Josh

Wellp, I have a thick skin. Thanks everyone for those suggestions. I'm usually better than this. I will remake it and send it to them. I feel bad letting that out of my shop now. 

He did request a 20 degree angle (measured wrong maybe?) and my belt fit through the slots ok. But, I do see what Dwight is talking about. 

As for the beveler, I may have used too small of one. Not sure the size. 

And I did have a few slips that I tried fixing with the spoon but, may have made worse. 

I will do a part two! Practice right? 

Thanks again everyone. I'll take it to heart and make a better one.