TroyM

New member from Southern Colorado

Hello all.  I'm just starting out at the young age of 55.  I'm a high school ag teacher and do quite a bit with metal and wood.  I've recently started up making bags and whatnot from canvas and the like and thought I ought to add a little light leatherwork to my own bag of tricks with the idea of perhaps helping some of my students make useful things like halters, etc.   I'm a blank slate, having only made 2 holsters about 20 years ago, so I'm going to visit around and soak up some information.

Good to se you.:)

Welcome aboard, never to old,  I did some leather work 30 years ago, raised kids, worked etc. got back into it about 2 years ago now at soon to be 72 Iam working 4 to 8 hrs a day on leather and loving it. I enjoy the carving and stamping the most but it’s all very enjoyable 

Welcome aboard from Ft. Collins.

Jeff

24 minutes ago, alpha2 said:

Welcome aboard from Ft. Collins.

Jeff

I went to school up there.   I'm in Pueblo now, but seem to get up to CSU about once a month.

Howdy. I also live in Pueblo, Colorado. Retired cop, built a leather company from scratch, starting part-time in 1972 and retiring in 2015. My company is still going strong under new owners in Minnesota. 9 grandchildren and 3 great-grandchildren so I have some experience with young folks as well.

If I can provide any advice or assistance I'll be happy to hear from you.

Thank you Lobo