Bender

Figured It Out

In another post a while back I was asking about cutting 10 oz veg tan, and dies and what not. I knew I could fudge something out of a piece of 2" pipe but I didn't have high hopes for getting and keeping an edge for any length of time. 

Munging around looking for something for another project, I ran across an old bearing. (car engine T-belt idler bearing) Sure enough the outer race was 2" diameter. 

I found the steel I needed!

Pounded out the inner race, chucked up the outer race on washers and a bolt, on center, the stuck that in my drill press. Running the drill press motor, held a grinder up to it to form the edge, touched it up with a stone, and this thing is crazy sharp, and holding the edge. I even notched the edge so the cut pieces could have a "stem" like we originally wanted. 

Cutter Small.jpg

Outstanding! And, THAT is why I never throw anything away. 

Awesome!

Yep. I have to make a conscious effort to not wind up in full blown Hoarder status. :) 

Hoarder is just a word for people who are jealous of our stuff to feel better about themselves.

13 hours ago, ScoobyNewbie said:

Hoarder is just a word for people who are jealous of our stuff to feel better about themselves.

:lol: Yes!

True Dat!!!