CelticPrint

Back in the Saddle

Greetings from Nor'Easter region,

It's been close to a decade since I did any projects but after getting a Single Action Army and a new skinning blade blank I've gotta dust off the cobwebs and see what I remember. I started on a Tandy beginners box set that was probably made for teens but after a few projects on some oak shoulders and scraps from a friend I started getting into it. Past projects where coin purses, messenger style bags, sheaths and a few whips, the stand out ones where the 8ft bull whip and the cat o' nine tails. 

Recently I acquired a SAA revolver and the holster I plan to make will probably be worth more than the gun itself, no offense H&R, she's a fun little .22 and I like her. I also found some new knife blanks that may or may not be the greatest but I've only had them a few days and they feel nice and they need a proper dressing. I've been a carpenter/woodworker my whole life so I have the handle ideas down but I will have questions on ideas for sheathing styles and patterns. Suppose since I will have enough veg tan left after the SAA holster I should make one for my 9mm but I may put that on hold while I try a run at a Tombstone replica rig for the single action. Heard rumor Doc carried double action revolvers in real life so I might not match the guns but I will try his suspender style rig, looks a little awkward but probably functions well, I do prefer a cross draw.

I will post a picture of my first project because it's really how I started years ago, Tandy precut and all, also I will post the the two new items that need some new clothes. I will be asking a few questions here and there if I don't find them in the forum search. I think tonight I'm just gonna skim the forums and work on my Dubbin mix. Found some local beeswax from the same guy that sold me our Christmas tree and gonna put it to some use.

560456_291447207649128_2003227039_n.jpg

_storage_emulated_0_Android_data_com.samsung.android.messaging_files_20171122_143213_1511379354069_001.jpg

_storage_emulated_0_Android_data_com.samsung.android.messaging_files_20181215_142317_1544901921149_001.jpg

644356_291447040982478_1130634939_n.jpg

I like you knife. Beautiful marbling.

Thank you, the knife is a layering of 1095 steel with 15N20 steel, I can't remember how many times it's folded, I believe it has 280 layers. Right now it's sharp enough to shave with but I will find out only through time how well it will hold up.