Nessmuk1

Setting up my machine

I'm trying to install this foot pedal and the rest, but I don't recall how.  Machines been packed away for a couple years. 

Yup, can't post pics.

A pedal, a DC speed controller, a power supply.

Assuming this is an industrial leather sewing machine and not a domestic garment machine, could you please provide more details about the machine's make and model and/or the type of motor you are installing?

Why can't you take a picture and upload it to our forum? If your camera takes photos that are too large to upload, reduce the resolution or use photo resizing software to make your images much smaller. One such program is FastStone Photo Resizer.

It's a small, domestic DC motor,  a speed controll with a knob, a power supply, and an off/on pedal.

What make and model is the sewing machine that these parts go onto?

I'm curious about that too. That's rather a strange mix of parts, looks to me like they're for a domestic machine (small motor). I would have expected the speed control to be in the pedal assembly, but you obviously have a separate control box, and the power supply looks like one of those laptop "bricks".:huh:

That pedal looks like an industrial type on-off foot switch - NOT a variable speed foot control.

So, you're setting the speed with the DC controller, and then just turning the machine on and off with the foot switch - It runs then, at a constant speed ?

That makes sense, although it still sounds like a slightly unusual setup. I'm still curious....

If this was April 1, this post would make sense.

I have run a singer 17 with a similar setup. Wanted to save a few quid and not buy a servo for a machine that would only see occasional use. It worked, after a fashion, but suffice it to say I bought a new servo motor that day.