shantiandd

Need some serious helps on buying a leather sewing machine

7 minutes ago, R8R said:

Nope. I mean, maybe? Occasionally? It doesn't climb well. It doesn't climb at all really. 

It's great for small items. Purses, slippers, makeup bags, wallets, small cylindrical items, etc. It doesn't like thick assemblies.

You are correct about the climbing. That is the one thing we do not like about the Adler 69. It struggles when we reach a thick seam that you have to cross over. You have to "help" it along :) It is like it does not have traction. I assume a 4-motion feed dog would really help here... -Adam

6 hours ago, shantiandd said:

I will visit several sewing machines factories outside my city next week. If they allow me to try some of the machines, that will help me to make the final decision. :) Thank you for helping! and BTW, I had the chance to check out the works! You guys make beautiful projects.

Glad to help and thank you for the kind words! Good luck on choosing a machine. Whatever you buy, please let us know how it works out for you. It's always nice to see how a machine performs for someone!

3 hours ago, R8R said:

Nope. I mean, maybe? Occasionally? It doesn't climb well. It doesn't climb at all really. 

It's great for small items. Purses, slippers, makeup bags, wallets, small cylindrical items, etc. It doesn't like thick assemblies.

You could be right as I've never tried climbing seams with mine (old model), I've only sewn flat leather. I got mine to sew 10mm (3/8") -  just - by re-adjusting the feet height but I also had to disable the automatic tension release as lifting the feet higher than standard releases thread tension on the upstroke! While I proved it can be done, I put things back to standard as my other machines will handle 3/8" (plus a bit) so I don't need it to do it.

Edited by dikman

5 hours ago, arz said:

Glad to help and thank you for the kind words! Good luck on choosing a machine. Whatever you buy, please let us know how it works out for you. It's always nice to see how an performs for someone!

Not a problem. I don't know well enough to give a comprehensive review but will do a simple video to show how well the machine functions. :-)

I also have an edge skiving machine and an electric creaser on the way. Will share some thoughts on those machines as well.