Nightshade

Zippers in bulk

This my first time ordering zippers in bulk.

What is the sorcery to know how match all the parts to make my own?

I am curious. Do you mean that you wish to buy each part of a complete zipper and manufacture your own zippers?

If this is true, Check the web for a few of the many videos on how they are made and what machinery is involved.

Ferg

Exactly. I have tools and have made minor repairs like replacing pills and teeth.

I need to know how to match all the parts when ordering. I've always just bought complete zippers.

Mods: if this isnt the correct place for this question, I'll move it.

Next question: 

Do you not care how much you make, monetarily, while making these zippers? Or, is this just something you want to try?

I am guilty of trying all kinds of way out manufacturing ideas. Zippers require exceptional accuracy. Probably why they are made on rather sophisticated machinery.

I too have most of the hand tools, using them for repairs, not manufacture.

BTW: You can buy certain parts easily. I have never even thought of buying "teeth" separately. If I need teeth for a repair, I take them from a piece of zipper I have cut from another.

Ferg

If I "make" a zipper, it's usually a #5 zipper  - which is a "size" - and metal teeth.  Zipper "tape" &  pulls are sold as "#5" and should match - the stops should be pretty standard.

JLSleather,

Shaka his eyes open!  

Is there any difference between pulls for metal or plastic teeth of similar size? OTB is having some fantastic sales on zipper tape and pulls.

Nightshade... Thank you for the recommendation. Ohio Travel Bag stocks all sorts of zipper chain, top stops, bottom stops and pulls. We also sell ready made zippers in all kinds.

https://ohiotravelbag.com/zippers

2 hours ago, Rebecca Wiseman said:

Nightshade... Thank you for the recommendation. Ohio Travel Bag stocks all sorts of zipper chain, top stops, bottom stops and pulls. We also sell ready made zippers in all kinds.

https://ohiotravelbag.com/zippers

I went to the web site and found several things I want to purchase, but it appears that Ohio Travel Bag only sells to wholesalers. Is it true that you do not sell to individuals.