Can you thin Barge cement with anything other than their proprietary center? I'd like to be able to get something at the local hardware store. Shipping on this stuff is pretty high because of the hazmat.   It looks like toluene is the primary  ingredient but I can't find that at Lowe's.   The only thing I can find that is close is Xylene. Thanks for your help

You can buy contact cement thinner at your hardware store.  It will say for contact cements.   ACE or True Value.   I use Naptha myself.   You don't want to thin to much tho it gets chalky..

Edited by Konapaniolo

No, mine is getting thick in the glue pot.  It won’t run off of the brush.

You can still thin as needed.  Pour in glue pot and mix.  How much glue do you go thru?

That's my issue, I don't use enough of it to keep the last third or so from stiffening up. I have the thinner for it, but it's almost easier to just get another small container of the stuff than try to mix the proper ratio and get it to thin evenly. I SHOULD HAVE gotten the thinner stuff at Ace Hardware, as the only container I found at Tandy was way more than I will ever need.

Jeff

3 hours ago, Konapaniolo said:

You can still thin as needed.  Pour in glue pot and mix.  How much glue do you go thru?

I use it daily, but I don't use a lot.  I make mostly police badge cases and holsters.