Glaciersew

She’s broke....Singer 111w155 parts needed

Managed to snap part #223693 Needle Bar  Rock Frame Rock Shaft Crank Connection. I’ll most likely be looking for another machine to replace this one. If anyone has the parts please let me know

Merry Xmas 

sometimes its helpful to show a picture of the part because most people do not know the long Singer nomenclatures and parts number by heart and I´m sure just very few will check the parts lists - if at all.

You for sure have to check with a dealer for this part - maybe Keystone Sewing Machines in PA or Toledo Sewing Machines in OH can help you with this.

Thank you. I tried loading some pics. Wouldn’t allow anything over 1.4 meg. Is there another method of loading pics? Paid subscription? 

4 hours ago, Glaciersew said:

Thank you. I tried loading some pics. Wouldn’t allow anything over 1.4 meg. Is there another method of loading pics? Paid subscription? 

Reduce your file size to about 800 x 600 pixels and you can post 100 or so photos in a single post.  Lots of photo resizers out there on the web.  Do a quick search here or on Google and you will find many options of how to do it.

Tom

https://supsew.cld.bz/Superior-Sewing-Digital-Master-Catalog

You can’t order directly from Superior since they are a wholesaler, but you can check the catalog to see if the part is available, or to at least have a better understanding of what is out there.

5 hours ago, DonInReno said:

https://supsew.cld.bz/Superior-Sewing-Digital-Master-Catalog

You can’t order directly from Superior since they are a wholesaler, but you can check the catalog to see if the part is available, or to at least have a better understanding of what is out there.

Nice try but I checked & they don't have it.It probably could be brazed if he has all the parts.

Thanks guys. Looks like its been brazed once already. Gonna go that route for now and continue the search for a replacement. The top of the connecting  rod had a wick that was dry when I picked it up. It appears to be the point of friction within the machine. 

That brazing job was less than adequate!  Need to get full penetration of the bronze into the complete joint.  Only way I know to do that is proper preparation.  Grind the parts, at least one side of the break to form a vee that you can then get bronze right down into the joint.

Tom

I see what you need.  I will look  tomorrow and let you know.

tx Lynn

Sometimes, the best and cheapest way to obtain spare parts, that are made of Unobtainium, is to buy another similar machine and strip the parts off of it.

Found a 111w100 for $100 about an hour away. Hopefully heading there Monday morning. Hopefully it works better than it looks. Lots of rust from storage and general neglect. Seller claims it spins free. Fingers crossed!

Can anyone vouch for Consew 226 parts being direct fit for 111w155? If option one fails this is another route.

0AF630CB-617C-4740-83D2-35793BC64AEF.jpeg

8AB6D078-C201-44E3-B38A-43B98962E59D.jpeg

Most parts for a Consew 226 should fit a 111w155.  The 226 is a copy of the 111w155.

glenn

I don't have the part.       sorry Lynn

2 hours ago, ljk said:

I don't have the part.       sorry Lynn

Greatly appreciate ya looking! Thank you

Seller backed out 111w100 so back to searching. 

In the mean time I did find a suitable replacement at  the Consew NJ warehouse, just 20 minutes from home. Not sure what to do w the Singer. Repair and sell. OR repair and setup for binding operations just swap it out when needed.

i can’t get over how easy it is to use the 206. I earned every straight line w the Singer. And it fell out of time more often than I can recall. Very happy w the new addition. 

E708656D-19C7-4B47-9E95-B92034909BA1.jpeg

Edited by Glaciersew

Have new antique piece. It clearly has correct part # stamped on it. The old looks to be home made. And the connecting rod is a different part # than what I’ve found in any manual. 

Now that it’s in the screw lines up exactly w the front access hole. Same for the wick in the rear. 

Should be fun getting her timed

BAF1B055-C7B1-429B-8A60-7CED5316AAB0.jpeg