The King TK-801D leather skiving machine review

I've tried both vegetable tanned leather and chrome tanned leather. The machine itself is very easy to use and split very well.

The only problem is that, with vegetable tanned leather, it leaves some marks on the front; I may need to add another layer in between. Or if you guys have a better solution, please let me know. Thanks!

Very nice job of showing its abilities. Did you decide on a sewing machine?

kgg

12 hours ago, kgg said:

Very nice job of showing its abilities. Did you decide on a sewing machine?

kgg

Hi

Nope..I haven't decided yet, but the decision will be made in the next week. I am going to travel outside my city next week and meet some dealers in person. 

They will present the machines and then I could make a decision. :) I am quite cautious...

Edited by shantiandd

It is good to be little cautious and maybe with a touch of paranoia thrown in when making a large investment of money into a machine or machines. Don't forget to bring some of the material and thread in the sizes you want to work with along with you to those dealers. By doing that there will be a fair comparison between machines. Some machines don't work as well with a particular material thickness / toughness, type or thread size then others do.

kgg

1 hour ago, kgg said:

It is good to be little cautious and maybe with a touch of paranoia thrown in when making a large investment of money into a machine or machines. Don't forget to bring some of the material and thread in the sizes you want to work with along with you to those dealers. By doing that there will be a fair comparison between machines. Some machines don't work as well with a particular material thickness / toughness, type or thread size then others do.

kgg

Yes! that is right. Thank you for bringing it up. Will pack those things into my suitcase right now!

Edited by shantiandd

Oh man thats a sweet machine..how much are they?

Ps dont buy a techsew

On 27/12/2018 at 3:21 PM, shantiandd said:

The only problem is that, with vegetable tanned leather, it leaves some marks on the front; I may need to add another layer in between. Or if you guys have a better solution, please let me know. Thanks!

You can wrap a teflon strip around the foot and that can help but I prefer to use a roller because I do a lot off glazed crocodile and that you really don't want to scratch.

Here are a couple of links that show what difference a roller can make -

On 2/4/2019 at 9:56 AM, KennethM said:

Oh man thats a sweet machine..how much are they?

Ps dont buy a techsew

Hello, It costs around 3000 RMB/447 USD including shipping, table, servo motor. :)

On 2/4/2019 at 11:07 AM, RockyAussie said:

You can wrap a teflon strip around the foot and that can help but I prefer to use a roller because I do a lot off glazed crocodile and that you really don't want to scratch.

Here are a couple of links that show what difference a roller can make -

Will try and see how it goes!

I definitely need to have the roller for the rounded corner! :). You just helped me with another struggle.

Thank you

Very nice! I use a Teflon foot with mine. I also have a 30mm roller foot, but like the 54mm teflon better (especially for splitting larger pieces). I could not get the roller foot to split/skive even. I don't have the experience that @RockyAussie has, he knows skiving machines well :) -Adam

14 hours ago, shantiandd said:

Will try and see how it goes!

I definitely need to have the roller for the rounded corner! :). You just helped me with another struggle.

Thank you

Man that's cheap!

On 2/5/2019 at 7:36 PM, shantiandd said:

Hello, It costs around 3000 RMB/447 USD including shipping, table, servo motor. :)

So where is it available?  Are you still happy with it?