Rossr

Knife sheaths Comments Welcomed!

Hi Folks,

I found the time to make two knives and sheaths prior to Christmas and both are now with their new happy owners.    I continue to try and up my sheath game.   I cant say enough about the Paul Longs videos... I reviewed them as I made these sheaths and I seem to pick up something new each time. (Well worth the cost.  I am not paid to endorse these just feel they are worth it!) I am of course open to all comments especially ways to improve.   Both sheaths are lined with deer skin.   The knives are of my making as well. Rest of the sheaths are veg tan.    The inlay on the one is out of a bag of scraps I bought years ago so no clue what it is...I suspet fake snake skin or snake skin dyed?   Heavy stitching I did on a Campbell Randall needle awl.   The finer stitching on a singer 111w155.   Its amazing to me how you always keep learning.  All these little things you gather as you go.    This website is tremendous in helping that way and I thank you all!

Ross

lw1.pnglw2.pnglw3.pnglw4.png

Those are fantastic!  I just accepted a request for a knife sheath, so I have to do some learnin as well...  what is the intent/thought process behind the detachable strap?

YinTx

Great job as usual, love the bone handled knife.

Great job.

15 hours ago, YinTx said:

Those are fantastic!  I just accepted a request for a knife sheath, so I have to do some learnin as well...  what is the intent/thought process behind the detachable strap?

YinTx

Thank you!   The strap is something I saw in the video, seems to work well.  The one end you would leave on the stud, the other you just pop off when you need the knife.   I think but am not sure that Paul Long came up with that style.  Perhaps he will chime in on this thread.   To me its cleaner then putting it through the sheath loop part.   Or using a rivet up there which I dont like cause it can scratch the knife.  Like most things its another way of doing it.   Not sure anyway is wrong!

13 hours ago, cardinal leather said:

Great job as usual, love the bone handled knife.

Thank you sir.   It came out nice imo and I almost didn't want to give it up!

10 hours ago, bikermutt07 said:

Great job.

Appreciate that

9 hours ago, kiwican said:

Great job rossr

Thanks much

Well done and love the retention strap and sam brown combo.

Both knives have fitting clothes! Love the bird and trout knife but the stacked leather and antler looks like my kind of knife. I like them both Sir, well done!