Madmax500000

Who’s got the best deal cb3200

I’m in the market for a  cowboy 3200. Who’s got the best deal going right now. I’m near Houston but haven’t been able to find any dealers local. I talked to solar leather up near Dallas today and they gave me a quote, but wanted to see if any other dealers were closer, or cheaper. 

4 hours ago, Madmax500000 said:

I’m in the market for a  cowboy 3200. Who’s got the best deal going right now. I’m near Houston but haven’t been able to find any dealers local. I talked to solar leather up near Dallas today and they gave me a quote, but wanted to see if any other dealers were closer, or cheaper. 

I think you've found the closest dealer to you, and as far as price probably the lowest if you consider you'll need to pay shipping or make a drive otherwise.  You might also consider service, unless you're planning on doing it yourself, take a weekend and make the trip up to Arlington and meet Alexander and the team at Solar, you can check out all the machines available and decide if there 3200 truly meets all your requirements.

The next closest Cowboy dealer I know of is in Toledo, Ohio.

The only way to get a CB3200 cheaper is to buy one used.

Ok sound like my decision has Been made by default then. Are you talking used through the dealer or used private sale. Do dealer used machines come with the same warranty as new machines. The way I read the warranty is it only applies to the original purchaser. 

There typically are no "best deals" going on for new machines. A steal of a deal would be a private sale here on the forums if you happen to be so lucky to be within the vicinity for pickup. Otherwise you are paying the same freight charges to ship as a new machine. Not sure if both cobra and cowboy have a strict minimum advertised price (MAP) but it certainly seems so. Sewing machinery at this class don't normally have sales or price breaks. 

3 hours ago, JerseyFirefighter said:

There typically are no "best deals" going on for new machines. A steal of a deal would be a private sale here on the forums if you happen to be so lucky to be within the vicinity for pickup. Otherwise you are paying the same freight charges to ship as a new machine. Not sure if both cobra and cowboy have a strict minimum advertised price (MAP) but it certainly seems so. Sewing machinery at this class don't normally have sales or price breaks. 

Ha! Locally. I drove from Shreveport to Vegas to buy mine. Got a honey of a deal with lots and lots of additional tools/supplies. 

This is not what I did, but here is my suggestion. Exercise patience. Save and save. Then someone will be getting out of the biz/hobby and want to unload all of their stuff. That is when you will get the best deal.

The best deal I got was my first big purchase. I bought a heritage splitter from a guy for 250. He showed up with all the rest of his stuff. I only had 350 total on me. He graciously accepted it for everything. I might have paid .10 on the dollar for roughly 3 grand worry of stuff. 

The 3200 came with the guys version of a whole shop for a 1000.

Ok thanks guy I guess I will hold out a little bit longer. And see if anything pops up locally. By chance does any know some one near Houston about to get out of the business

Guys going out of business typically call the dealers first because they want to sell the entire shop, tools and all, at once.  Sometimes it's worth it for us, sometimes it's not.  Usually if a full shop gets onto the market, there's a catch to the deal.