Bennettm

Pfaff 145 help

I am trying to improve the stitching on my machine. The feed dogs go back and forth, but don't drop down when they go back. I believe they should, but can't find anywhere to make this adjustment. Can anyone help me with this?

It may not have four motion drop feed.  It may have a skip feed instead.  Send us a pic of the brass model plate off the machine.  I think it has to have the letter "P" in the model  plate to have 4 motion drop feed.

Thank you for your response. The plate on my machine reads 195 H3-6/01 CLMN P. The 9 in 195 is scratched like some one tried to change it. Themachine looks like other 145s. 

I believe the 195 is a post bed machine. This is a flat bed, and looks (to me) identical to a 145. 

If it is a 145 it has an adjustment to raise the height of the feed dogs.  Pull the manual to learn how, but as I recall it's pretty easy to do.

My problem is not to raise thefeed dogs, but for them to drop as the needle foot goes up and back. Hope this makes sense to someone...

In the parts list part number 91-140-259-05  is the part that makes you feed dog move up and down . This is done by part number 11-108-225-15 / the whole assemble   in box 91-010-126-92 . Loosing screws 11-108-225-15will allow you to change how high the dog comes up when stitches . I tried to download the parts list but its to big . I can email it to you if you can not find it . The parts are in section 3  page 22

Edited by DFH
spelling

It is also possible that you have a dedicated binding machine - as far as I recall you can tell the difference by opening the top lid near the hand wheel, There usually is missing the 2nd drive rod which is controlling the up and down movement of the feed dog. If the rod is missing your feed to only moves back and forth.

You also can tell when you look on the underside. there is not drive rod attached to the upper rod.

Hope you know what I mean - I have to look for pictures....

Edit:

see pictures - I think you will notice the difference. Not sure if you have a binding machine but pictures tell the difference.

145 Bilder.jpg

145.jpg

Edited by Constabulary

On 2018-12-30 at 6:18 PM, DFH said:

In the parts list part number 91-140-259-05  is the part that makes you feed dog move up and down . This is done by part number 11-108-225-15 / the whole assemble   in box 91-010-126-92 . Loosing screws 11-108-225-15will allow you to change how high the dog comes up when stitches . I tried to download the parts list but its to big . I can email it to you if you can not find it . The parts are in section 3  page 22

Ok these parts do raise and lower the feed dogs.  BUt the still stay at the same level

throughout the stitch cycle. I am hoping there is an adjustment to get them to drop down when they move back. 

04335834-C8E7-4205-AF37-FA2B33ABCC46.MOV

6 hours ago, Bennettm said:

Ok these parts do raise and lower the feed dogs.  BUt the still stay at the same level

throughout the stitch cycle. I am hoping there is an adjustment to get them to drop down when they move back. 

04335834-C8E7-4205-AF37-FA2B33ABCC46.MOV

I cannot open that movie file in my Windows 10 PC. What program was it created with? What type of device and operating system did you use?

8 hours ago, Wizcrafts said:

I cannot open that movie file in my Windows 10 PC. What program was it created with? What type of device and operating system did you use?

I think my answer may not be adequate, but I will do the best I can. The video was taken on my iPhone 8, and I posted it from my iPad, with the latest operating system Apple offers me. 

On 2018-12-31 at 1:14 AM, Constabulary said:

It is also possible that you have a dedicated binding machine - as far as I recall you can tell the difference by opening the top lid near the hand wheel, There usually is missing the 2nd drive rod which is controlling the up and down movement of the feed dog. If the rod is missing your feed to only moves back and forth.

You also can tell when you look on the underside. there is not drive rod attached to the upper rod.

Hope you know what I mean - I have to look for pictures....

Edit:

see pictures - I think you will notice the difference. Not sure if you have a binding machine but pictures tell the difference.

145 Bilder.jpg

145.jpg

Thank you for that information!  Here is a picture of my top and bottom. I think there is a linkage to the top, but maybe your experienced eye can tell me for sure. 

IMG_1093.HEIC

Just now, Bennettm said:

Thank you for that information!  Here is a picture of my top and bottom. I think there is a linkage to the top, but maybe your experienced eye can tell me for sure. 

IMG_1093.HEIC

I am not able to upload the bottom view!

On 12/30/2018 at 8:58 PM, Bennettm said:

My problem is not to raise thefeed dogs, but for them to drop as the needle foot goes up and back. Hope this makes sense to someone...

This is what I have found with the Pfaff 145 I have just bought......looks like it is like yours and meant to feed the way it does.