Elvis

New crossbody bag prototype

I designed  and did this bag for a friend. I confess on the end was so much pressure to finish it that isn’t exactly on the way that I like the finishings and details. But was a good experience with some new techniques that I would like to try. 

62C3E082-C8DD-4A8B-A248-2479DA9A6C23.jpeg

E5C611D7-83C9-4ABE-A419-0559E7A3FB2B.jpeg

311B63A4-9D17-45CA-B21F-DD8353CF823E.jpeg

C5DEF412-90A7-434C-90C0-276DBE9D54C0.jpeg

That is beautiful, how did you stitch it?

I like it 

Very nice! I like the basic design and the neatness of the work?

My personal preference is to have a smaller space between the flap and the top of the bag. 

Did you consider finishing all the edges in dark brown as you did for the body of the bag? Could look more unified that way.

I try to match up the tops of the gusset with the front and back.

Overall, a likable piece, for sure. 

Thanks for the look. 

On 02/01/2019 at 11:47 PM, soccerdad said:

Very nice! I like the basic design and the neatness of the work?

My personal preference is to have a smaller space between the flap and the top of the bag. 

Did you consider finishing all the edges in dark brown as you did for the body of the bag? Could look more unified that way.

I try to match up the tops of the gusset with the front and back.

Overall, a likable piece, for sure. 

Thanks for the look. 

Thanks man! 

Oh yeah, as a prototype I notice and corrected this stuff of the space of the flap and the top of the bag on the pattern to the next one be right. When I notice on this one was a little bit too late   

And the first idea idea would be finish all with the dark brown, but like I said, I needed to hurry up a little bit because of the pressure from the customer. So then I prefer to do just on this way. But I am going to do another one in some days and I’m sure will look so much better. 

Edited by Elvis

On 1/4/2019 at 8:25 AM, Elvis said:

Thanks man! 

Oh yeah, as a prototype I notice and corrected this stuff of the space of the flap and the top of the bag on the pattern to the next one be right. When I notice on this one was a little bit too late   

And the first idea idea would be finish all with the dark brown, but like I said, I needed to hurry up a little bit because of the pressure from the customer. So then I prefer to do just on this way. But I am going to do another one in some days and I’m sure will look so much better. 

I meant to add: I like the design and workmanship of your closure, in particular the reinforcement (decoration? both?) around the flap opening. It's an attractive and solid-looking closure with interesting details and very little hardware.