Kryptonite

What kind of finish coat was used?

Hi Guys, I bought the below wallet and was wondering what kind of finish coat might have been used? My guess is leather stain and some acrylic paint was used for the coloring, unless someone knows different.

Thank you,

Will for Central Florida  

wallet1.jpg

I would hazard a guess based on the image that the detailed color elements are indeed acrylic/Cova Color and that the main portion is a deep Antique of some kind that has been applied over a resist to give the shading around the main art element (the Skull).  But, that is just a guess.  Of course, it is an Educated guess because that is how I do it now and have done for some good many years.  Doesn't mean that is what was done here though.

Nice wallet.

It is a snazzy wallet shell! What’s the inside look like?

Thanks Richard for the help! Could the finish coat just be something like Eco-Flo Super Shene or similar? What gives it the high gloss?

Scoob, the inside is a poor quality/pigskin suede leather unfortunately, but I can change that. ;)

Thanks guys!

Edited by Kryptonite

1 hour ago, Kryptonite said:

Thanks Richard for the help! Could the finish coat just be something like Eco-Flo Super Shene or similar? What gives it the high gloss?

Scoob, the inside is a poor quality/pigskin suede leather unfortunately, but I can change that. ;)

Thanks guys!

It could indeed be Super Shene, Resolene, or even Clear-Lac (lacquer based) top finish.  I use all of these based on what the overall final appearance is intended to be.  The glossiest of them is the Clear-Lac.