IMG_2259.JPG.93e27db28563df35b8b5cf93b2ee604b.JPGThis is my 2nd attempt at harness. Lots of handstitching including all of the keepers. It was a learning experience for sure. I made plenty of mistakes, but I'm sure the next one will turn out better.IMG_2257.jpg.5ba5a3586c308b6b532e0dff7eb32983.jpgIMG_2271.jpg.3749f0c9162124eb5b3a0ba2eb289362.jpg

IMG_2259.JPG

IMG_2263.JPG

IMG_2260.JPG

IMG_2267.JPG

IMG_2261.jpg

IMG_2280.jpg

IMG_2285.JPG

IMG_2288.JPG

IMG_2293.jpg

IMG_2290.JPGIMG_2257.jpg.5ba5a3586c308b6b532e0dff7eb32983.jpg

That style of harness is a lot of fiddly, time consuming work.  I've known people who have been "building harness" for decades and still can't do that level of work.  Very nice job.

Wow That looks like a lot of work ! beautiful job, how long did that take, you folks that do that kind  of work are amazing really nice work.

Big Sioux, thank you-  I value your opinion and advice greatly. I had the majority of this harness done months ago...The saddle was very difficult. I kept making mistakes and wanted to throw it in the boiler on numerous  occasions. 

9 minutes ago, Samalan said:

Wow That looks like a lot of work ! beautiful job, how long did that take, you folks that do that kind  of work are amazing really nice work.

Thank you! It was alot of work. I worked on this off and on for about 6 months. The major hold up was the saddle... I had to design everything from the ground up including the tree, skirts, etc because I don't have access to any patterns and very limited information out there.. Lots of trial and error.

Beautiful job!  My pony would look great in it!

VERY nice...  I wish the pictures were bigger!

2 minutes ago, Boondoggle said:

VERY nice...  I wish the pictures were bigger!

Me too. Is there any way to do that? These were taken on a cell phone and soo many little details are lost in the pics

31 minutes ago, Smartee said:

Beautiful job!  My pony would look great in it!

Thank you!

5 hours ago, Alexis1234 said:

...The saddle was very difficult.

Usually the worst part, especially on the higher end type harness.

Just curious if you still have your Landis #1, or if you stitched this on a different machine.  It doesn't look like a set-up foot was used.

2 hours ago, Big Sioux Saddlery said:

Usually the worst part, especially on the higher end type harness.

Just curious if you still have your Landis #1, or if you stitched this on a different machine.  It doesn't look like a set-up foot was used.

I sold my landis 1 last spring.This was sewn on a cobra class 4. 

Just one question - are you married?? LOL ;)

Beautiful work. All the time you spent on that rig, shows! It takes some serious skills to even consider such a project. 2nd attempt? Wow.

15 minutes ago, JazzBass said:

Just one question - are you married?? LOL ;)

Beautiful work. All the time you spent on that rig, shows! It takes some serious skills to even consider such a project. 2nd attempt? Wow.

Yes, I am married :) and thank you- it was alot of work!

Looks really nice! I’m assuming you cut all the curves free hand? Raised the patent on the drops and the breaching top? Did you use tufting on the saddle? You didn’t cut any corners on this one! Where are you getting your patent?

-Andrew

Thank you! Yes, all the curves were free cut- I don't have any clicker dies.  Patent overlays on hip and shoulder strap, drops are raised. Unfortunately, saddle is not tufted. Its lined and padded. Originally, I had made up a tufted  pad panel and planned on lacing it on but I had a heck of a time getting the panel to line up/ sized correctly. Something to work on for the next one. I get my patent from Weaver.