Sign in to follow this  
Dufresne

Repair manual for the Claes shoe patcher 20

Edited -- split off of Pfaff 193 arm shaft disaster. Started new thread.

Hi Evo160 

any chance  you have a source for a Repair manual for the Claes shoe patcher 20  I’m happy to pay for one. I’ve looked but no avail. I have a German manual but I can not read German. I’ve purchased parts and installed them. The machine has not sewn properly since. 

Thanks

Edited by Northmount
Should have been posted as a new thread

39 minutes ago, Dufresne said:

Hi Evo160 

any chance  you have a source for a Repair manual for the Claes shoe patcher 20  I’m happy to pay for one. I’ve looked but no avail. I have a German manual but I can not read German. I’ve purchased parts and installed them. The machine has not sewn properly since. 

Thanks

I have sent you a PM.

I´d recommend opening a new topic, post some pictures and explain the issues. I have some experience with CLAES patchers and a few others LW members too

Dufresne,

Unfortunately I don't have a repair manual, sure wish I did.  I have only a parts and operators manual, which is in several languages including English.....  I believe it's a factory manual.  If you would like a copy of what I have, would you PM your email address and your street address?  I'll get it off to one of the two.

Thanks so much for the reply and offer  but I have the same. Lol For some reason I have to extend the tension discs as loose as possible to get good tension. I’ve tried the bottom tension adjustment to as tight as it will go. Replaced the tention spring, and scratched my head a lot. I have a newer machine so I’ve even tried matching adjustments. You probably know where that got me. Lol

I will keep plugging away. My husband usually repairs our machines but his heath is not good and he is unable to help. We have a few singers and a bull sticher and a consew old flat bed. I’d best get my repair hat on!

If I find a manual I will share for sure.

Cheers

Elaine