chrisash

Royal Blue edge dye

Looking for UK supplier of a good quality edge dye/paint in Royal Blue, just a small bottle

Giardini 1058 would do but cannot find on Google UK

Thanks harry, but they will not let me order without a vat number and being a hobby i dont have one

Any other good makes with Royal Blue edge 

Chris, attached is a photo of Norsol (Northants Leather) navy edge paint, which I would say is a little light to be navy, more what I would call a dark royal blue. This is after 4 thin coats with a very light sand with 400 grit wet & dry between coats. They also do what looks like a slightly lighter shade, which they call royal, but I've not used it so I'm not sure exactly what the shade is. Price is about £10 for a 120ml bottle, which goes a long way.

I've used a couple hundred ml of Norsol edge paints, mainly in black. They're pretty good though they don't "fill" quite as much as I'd like (maybe I'm asking too much?). Quite similar to Fenice edge paint but easier for me to get hold of. Attached also is a photo of the result of about 8 coats of black.

IMG_20190109_000841918.thumb.jpg.d4f980ba063054bf704b48df2c9e3894.jpgIMG_20190109_000922930.jpg.343eba8e9e598f1b16f1d998c3af2d94.jpg

Thanks guys I will give the Norsol a try, if it's OK with you guys I am sure it will be with me

Pity about Giardini but there loss, great selection but guess not set up for little old England

Surprised Dulux does not make it with its colour matching service, but guess not set up to sellsmall size or make acrylic,  good business make 5 gallon on day one and it lasts for a couple of years selling in nail polish size bottles with a touch of colouring added :lol::lol::lol:

11 hours ago, chrisash said:

Thanks harry, but they will not let me order without a vat number and being a hobby i dont have one

I've had 3 orders from Gardini in june and july 2018 and I don't have a vat number I cant remember them asking for one maybe if they did I would have just ignored it. 

13 hours ago, chrisash said:

Looking for UK supplier of a good quality edge dye/paint in Royal Blue, just a small bottle

Giardini 1058 would do but cannot find on Google UK

I've just checked my order history on the Giardini site and looks like I've got some of the 1058 if you want I can send you some to try out just message me an address and I'll send some.

On 1/9/2019 at 2:16 AM, chrisash said:

your information is wrong - they will sell you.

get in contact with Rachele