VYO

This was my first leather satchel

I made this last year. It was my first satchel attempt. I learned a lot from it. It has a full width pocket and two other pockets on the front and a full width pocket on the back. The interior was not lined and no pockets were added inside. 

messenger bag 1.jpg

messenger bag 2.jpg

messenger bag 3.jpg

That looks great. Should last forever.

That does look good! Are the ez rivets holding up? I've always been afraid of them and opt for burr rivets even though they are overkill most of the time.

Thank you!

@battlemunky They seem to be holding up just fine so far. That was the one and only bag I used ez rivets alone for attaching things. I've since been sewing everything because they do sometimes not seat correctly and pull off. When I made my first belt I used ez rivets and quickly learned that they don't always stay set on things that will endure pressure. I've haven't tried burr rivets yet but they are on my list to learn how to use.

@Elvis It was Horween but as far as what Horween I'd have to go back and look at receipts to refresh my memory. When I started doing leather I didn't pay attention to those kinds of details like I do now. I went by how it felt and moved in my hand when I purchased finished leather. 

Very nice!!!!

@lovetocreate Thank you!