Some camping stools I did for my nieces and nephew Christmas gifts. Modeled after Christopher Schwartz’ campaign stool.  

5C54570F-CC03-4345-AE60-F53798250802.jpeg

0B9D10B2-4CED-4E03-BAB4-2AFE4914B150.jpeg

0F3DAA65-874F-45CE-B462-E3749CE20490.jpeg

9D20E3A9-8F37-4869-97CD-6824A2936A43.jpeg

I'm loving the turtle and tree. This has been on my list to make for some time!

I like them.  Is that a clef in the tree?

YinTx

On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 4:52 AM, YinTx said:

I like them.  Is that a clef in the tree?

YinTx

Yes, It was a gift for my niece, She plays cello.  The Stool is the perfect height to practice with. Thanks for checking them out.

Leg_Pocket.jpeg

Edited by Leebroox

On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 12:54 AM, kiwican said:

I'm loving the turtle and tree. This has been on my list to make for some time!

Thanks. I have been stressing on my dyeing techniques and getting the results I want.  These came out the closest to what I had envisioned.  Learned a lot.  Thanks for checking them out.

I don't know where you get your Tri-bolts for these stools, but they are easy to make with minimum tools. I can show you how if interested. I know they are very expensive to purchase.

DSCI0302.JPG

DSCI0303.JPG

DSCI0306.JPG

Those came out really nice.  My favorites are the turtle and tree.  I've thought of making one of those. I made a butterfly chair once.  It's my "crusin" chair.  

20160105_231640.jpg

Edited by LeatherPlusArtGalore

On 2/12/2019 at 8:10 PM, papadan said:

I don't know where you get your Tri-bolts for these stools, but they are easy to make with minimum tools. I can show you how if interested. I know they are very expensive to purchase.

That's awesome. I never considered making my own.  Now its on my list. Thanks. 

On 2/12/2019 at 10:24 PM, LeatherPlusArtGalore said:

Those came out really nice.  My favorites are the turtle and tree.  I've thought of making one of those. I made a butterfly chair once.  It's my "crusin" chair.

Thanks.  I considered making this chair when I did my Campaign Chair.  Settled on the campaign chair because of its history.  Nice job on yours. 

On 3/22/2019 at 7:38 AM, Leebroox said:

Thanks.  I considered making this chair when I did my Campaign Chair.  Settled on the campaign chair because of its history.  Nice job on yours. 

Thank you so much.  Sorry for the delay response.  

Any feed back on how these are weathering? I want to make one for my boy and want to tool it up. But not sure if the tooling will handle it?

On 6/7/2019 at 1:49 AM, kiwican said:

Any feed back on how these are weathering? I want to make one for my boy and want to tool it up. But not sure if the tooling will handle it?

Kiwican, Sorry for the late reply I haven't logged in for a while.  I made these at Christmas for my Nieces and Nephew and My sister said they look as good as new after 7 months of Daily use. My one Niece takes hers to every one of her Lacrosse games and my Nephew plays video games in his everyday and the oldest uses it as her practice stool when practicing music. The nephew using his at a 4th of July Community BBQ.

WhatsApp Image 2019-07-04 at 17.30.23.jpeg

Thanks for the update !. I went ahead and made 2. One for me which is just a plain seat. Dyed. No tooling. I use it everyday and love it. The second one a made for my boy. Bigger seat. Oak legs and a tooled Tongan turtle as a reflection of his heritage....I should have taken pics.... I used the tri bolts from Tandy. About 15.00 bucks a pop up my way. The bolts can handle up to 198 pounds according to Tandy. I went with saddle stitching vs rivets and didn't include the strap as I think I'd use a different leather other than veg for a truly folding stool.