Woodstove

Shout Out to Toledo Sewing and part needed

Hello all

My first post as a new member from Canada!

I picked up an old Seiko walking foot  machine with the nameplate and decals missing . Looks like  an old Consew 255 or Seiko LSW from the 60s)

The hook assembly was a little sloppy so I ordered a replacement from Toledo Sewing on Friday. The fella on the phone said he's have it in the mail Monday morning.  I told him I learned of his business from  here at Leatherworker.net. so a shout out to you folks as well!

I still need a Feed Driving Eccentric pin  PN 10634. Does anyone have or know where I could find one? I use to be a gunsmith so working with small, moving, interconnected parts comes easy to me.  Had I seen one before I could turn one on my lathe but I have never seen one before.

Any help would be appreciated  The body casting is marked SEIKO STW8808147 and the SN is SW8808147

Sammy from Ontario Canada!!

Text Bob or call him first thing Monday to see if he can delay shipping until he can get he other part for you and ship both at once.

glenn

Thanks Glen.

I was told by the gentleman on the phone at Toledo the part was not available. If I had a pic or a sample I could duplicate one.

I have a lathe, forge, belt grinder  and lots of experience fixing and making  parts. Just not on sewing machines

On the exceedingly rare occasion I can't find what I need from the suppliers who take care of us here I try this outfit. Not confident this is what you are chasing as they list it as a stud and I don't think this is an eccentric but the part number lined up. Takes a while as they are across the big pond.

https://www.college-sewing.co.uk/store/10634-SEIKO-STUD

56 minutes ago, Bugstruck said:

On the exceedingly rare occasion I can't find what I need from the suppliers who take care of us here I try this outfit. Not confident this is what you are chasing as they list it as a stud and I don't think this is an eccentric but the part number lined up. Takes a while as they are across the big pond.

Thanks for that lead.  Do you know if they carry parts for Techsew?  I have had no luck from the OEM supplier getting parts.  They tell me they'll look, I give them the info, then never hear back.

YinTx

I don't think they carry Techsew parts. Been awhile since I've been active here but I believe Techsew or one of their dealers sponsors this site, used to. I'd certainly start there and if by some odd chance they can't get what you want you could PM me. You look to be a regular here, I think if one of the authorized vendors here sees your post, they would be inclined to assist. Someone here will know where to steer you rather quicker than I am presumably. 

If this helps any when clicked on College sewing web site to look at the part .   I discovered if you click on the photo of the part it enlarges . 

14 hours ago, Bugstruck said:

Thanks I've seen these folks on line but wanted to stay on this side of "the pond" if possible and hopefully deal with a  member here on Leatherworker.net.

13 hours ago, YinTx said:

Thanks for that lead.  Do you know if they carry parts for Techsew?  I have had no luck from the OEM supplier getting parts.  They tell me they'll look, I give them the info, then never hear back.

YinTx

Thanks again YinTx. That image is great and I may just turn one myself from 01drill rod myself!

2 hours ago, Woodstove said:

Thanks again YinTx. That image is great and I may just turn one myself from 01drill rod myself!

Not sure what image, but if you can, go for it.  I may even have you make something for me as well!  I need to replace a brass bushing where the rod goes through the case, would have thought it a simple thing, but apparently... no.  I would have thought bushings are a wearing part and would be readily available! :dunno:

YinTx

Woodstove,

I found the part #10634 in a Consew 255 parts manual.  If it is a Seiko machine you have, this part should be available.  Any Consew dealer should be able to get you that part.    It is shown on the 255 RB3 parts list.  I would try Michael Simards in Canada or Hoffman Brothers in Chicago.  Hoffman Brothers is the master distributor for Seiko in the US.

glenn

I double checked & I found a supplier that has it in stock.

Thank you all who offered help, advic,e and contact info.

you are great folks and a credit to the trade!!

Update

Ron at A1 helped with a few more parts. He has the patience of Jobe!!

This is for a museum donation but I'll use it a little to make sure it's safe and reliable (and have fun doing it)!

The name plate has been remove and my question is:

By measuring the distance between the hole centres would someone on here know weather it was tagged as a SEIKO or CONSEW?

No shadow from the nameplate for a hint .Most SEIKO tags were rectangular and CONSEW more oval

It's either a SEIKO LSW- 8BL   or CONSEW 255 RB

Once I figure it out,  I'll see if someone has a tag on a parts machine they would part with.

YinTx  I could make you a bushing but a local  guy would save you the postage and you could take it back if it was too tight. The new oil impregnated bronze bushings are awesome!

I'd recommend popping the old one out, make notes on how loose it is and take to a local millwright.  They might even have one in stock.

Enjoying the cold by sewing inside!!