Here is a Wheeler Wilson Badge I made into  Bracelet for a collector in Texas. I have been experimenting with gold leaf on leather to hi-lite stuff. Im not sure if its better than metalic paint but it works easy enough. The stones are typical synthetic for color.

IMG_20180716_201534512.jpg

IMG_20180716_201641963.jpg

IMG_20180716_201654139.jpg

On 2019-01-13 at 3:47 PM, CZoc said:

I have been experimenting with gold leaf on leather to hi-lite stuff. Im not sure if its better than metalic paint but it works easy enough.

Finally someone else that does gold leaf! I had to abandon it for paint on my last project, could you tell me your process, please?
The gold leaf looks a bit scratched or brushed in the pic, is that for effect or natural?.
Any info you can give is appreciated.

Also, I like the way you incorporated the GL in your design, looks good.

That's awesome!

That is a really nice looking bracelet. Beautiful.

21 hours ago, robs456 said:

Finally someone else that does gold leaf! I had to abandon it for paint on my last project, could you tell me your process, please?
The gold leaf looks a bit scratched or brushed in the pic, is that for effect or natural?.
Any info you can give is appreciated.

Also, I like the way you incorporated the GL in your design, looks good.

Good catch...yes for effect. That gold leaf will mimic whatever surfce texture it's applied to. I use the hair tool to make the lines on the leather and the gold leaf will set right in those grooves. Too much glue and it will not..so that's my tip.

2 hours ago, CZoc said:

Good catch...yes for effect. That gold leaf will mimic whatever surfce texture it's applied to. I use the hair tool to make the lines on the leather and the gold leaf will set right in those grooves. Too much glue and it will not..so that's my tip.

Thanks for explaining. 
Do you do anything so that the gold doesn't get stuck all over the bracelet, like powder it or such?

Looks really nice! Good job!

8 hours ago, robs456 said:

Thanks for explaining. 
Do you do anything so that the gold doesn't get stuck all over the bracelet, like powder it or such?

A big challenge. I have learned no matter what you do it tends to stick to everything. It's removable but difficult as you must know. Painters tape over adjacent areas keeps it to a minimum. 

Really awesome bracelet.

19 hours ago, CZoc said:

It's removable but difficult as you must know. Painters tape over adjacent areas keeps it to a minimum. 

Thanks. Yeah, I use an eraser to remove the pieces that won't brush off, and I'll try the talcum powder method next time.