gesa

Guitar carving

It seems that my colleges found out that I can carve almost every kind of picture in leather. I made these pictures so far and have an order for a electric guitar, but more about that later....

It started with this one. I lost the picture of the finished piece, but I saved this "work in progress" and the original. It is lightly embossed and later colored.

golf.jpg

golf_vorlage.jpg

Then I made these two this year.

bugatti_sm.jpg

audi_jul07.jpg

Gesa

post-130-1186496479_thumb.jpg

post-130-1186496527_thumb.jpg

post-130-1186496559_thumb.jpg

post-130-1186496590_thumb.jpg

Very cool!! Those look really nice!

It seems that my colleges found out that I can carve almost every kind of picture in leather. I made these pictures so far and have an order for a electric guitar, but more about that later....

It started with this one. I lost the picture of the finished piece, but I saved this "work in progress" and the original. It is lightly embossed and later colored.

Then I made these two this year.

Gesa

Hi Gesa,

I really like how you got so much detail in those, the contours and shapes, and the tiny spokes in the wheels. Hope we get to see the guitar when it is done too.

Clay

Thanks everyone for the response's.

It will take some time till I start the guitar. I should take more pictures of the things I have done the last couple of years.

Gesa

I just have seen, that my old posts are restored....and that I never postet the guitar :oops:

Here it is

e_gitarre_sm_aug07.jpg

Gesa

post-130-1232302978_thumb.jpg

I just have seen, that my old posts are restored....and that I never postet the guitar :oops:

Here it is

e_gitarre_sm_aug07.jpg

Gesa

Hi Gesa - how did you achieve all that detail in the guitar? To me it looks like a sepia colored photo come to life. The precision is outstanding. Do you have a trick (that's easy to remember) to decide what to bevel vs. what to leave alone and how does it relate to shadow that was from the original picture? I apologize for all the questions, but what you've done is something i'm looking to achieve in my work.

Thank you,

TinyL

Thanks for posting the picture of the guitar Gesa, even if it a year and a half later ;) The detail in it is just as good as in the other pictures you posted. You NEED to post more pictures! (and we don't want to wait another year either)

well done, Love the detail !

I love the old VW carving! The wheels are PERFECT!!!

i like them your detail is great

David

Very Nice... wish I had the patience to do such fine work