Sign in to follow this  
JosePirul

Cobra class 26 presser foot markings

Hello everyone, I found this forum a while ago but this will be my first post. I only had my Cobra class 26 for about 2 weeks but I love how this machine functions, I'm learning every day more things about it. My problem (well other then learning how to stitch better with it) is that the presser foot marks the material, on chrome tan is not that noticeable but on some of the vegetable tan sometimes it marks it pretty bad, is there something I can do to not marker it that bad, or maybe a new foot I can buy for this purpose? Thanks everyone.

P.S. I tried to search for this on the forum but I couldn't really find anything.

What type of feet came with your Cobra 26? Post a picture of them.

If your machine uses standard Singer 111 style feet, buy a wide outside foot, or a complete extra wide inside and outside set. The wider the footprint, the less it digs into the leather. There are dozens of different presser feet for standard walking foot machines based upon the Singer 111w155.

Second, try backing off the top pressure screw. It only needs enough spring pressure to hold down the leather until the needle has cleared it on the way up. Less foot pressure results in less marking.

If none of the above work, try taping a thin piece of hard leather next to the left side of the stitch line. This will act as a buffer between the outer foot and top grain and won't interfere with your edge guide on the right. If you are using a right toe foot, tape the buffer piece on the right side of the stitch line. Leave enough clearance for the inside foot to make full contact with the top grain.

Thank you Wizcrafts, backing off the pressure screw worked great, very minimal marking now.

Hello, 

i have same problem with my new Cobra 26. Try to adjust pressure screw, but didn´t help a lot.
Can I ask you where can i find wide outside foot, or a complete extra wide inside and outside set?

Thank you a lot
Edited by nautilu007

3 hours ago, nautilu007 said:
Hello, 

i have same problem with my new Cobra 26. Try to adjust pressure screw, but didn´t help a lot.
Can I ask you where can i find wide outside foot, or a complete extra wide inside and outside set?

Thank you a lot

If the model 26 is a triple feed walking foot machine, it probably uses standard type 111 inside and outside feet. They are sold by all industrial sewing machine dealers who aren't exclusively Adler or Pfaff associates. Ebay sellers have all manner of walking foot sets. Then again, try the place where you bought your machine!