CraftsmanUK

Hello from a new member

Hi, Well after all these years I have eventually joined the Leatherwork forum. I'd like to introduce myself. I'm Peter from Northamptonshire in the UK. Back in the 70's my wife and I where on a trip in Scotland when we came upon a leatherwork shop and in the window display a handbag caught my wife's eye. So we went inside and chatted with the  owner. I spied on a back shelf the large Tandy's beginner's kit. To cut a long story short. I bought my wife the handbag, the owner became a lifelong friend and I started my career in leatherwork.

Some many years later and after a change of career I went into the building industry and unfortunately my leatherwork was put aside. In my retirement, I now have resurrected  my workshop, and will be once again enjoying my leatherwork.

Over the years I have bought many books and pieces of equipment, but now I find its time to downsize, so quite a few of these I no longer will be using. So please watch this space as I shall be having a clear-out and put them up for sale. Quite a few of these are unused and 'as new' so they will be excellent for beginners who wish to save some cash.

My passion has always been to learn the art of leather cases. So I shall most likely concentrate on construction and stitching, with less emphases on carving decoration. Although I quite fancy creating some designs based on the Celtic tradition.

Look forward to chatting with you all.

Welcome to the forum, Peter, we are a friendly bunch, and we always seem to be learning.

Best

Harry

Welcome aboard! There is a wealth of info here from a lot of fine people.

Welcome Peter!