Sign in to follow this  
Dink

wanted: 3/8" alphabet stamps in standard font

HELP

I am looking for a set of 3/8" alphabet stamps in standard font, not the craftool fancy font. I cannot find them anywhere. Does anyone know of a place these are available or have a set they would be willing to part with.

Dink

I am having problem's getting a picture attached, but I am looking for the letter stamps such as craftool makes that outlines the letters

8132_00_M.jpg

post-2367-1186519209_thumb.jpg

I have been looking for that same one in a small size cant find them any place.

Hello Dink,

I hope you have found these by now but i see you have received some recent attention and interest so i just want to say if you or anyone is looking for these please let me know as i have extras of the alphabet sets and many other tools also... Take Care....... Bill

HELP

I am looking for a set of 3/8" alphabet stamps in standard font, not the craftool fancy font. I cannot find them anywhere. Does anyone know of a place these are available or have a set they would be willing to part with.

Dink

Hi , Steve can you use a mallet on your dies or do they only work with a press? I suppose it depends somewhat on the size of the die? I am very impressed by them & your prices.I have been considering getting a makers stamp for a while now maybe now is the time.

Cheers Jax

Look up letterpress type. It is left over from the old days of printing. Exactly what you are looking for, but you will have to look a little bit. You press it in, not pound it. It is also set as a full word or phrase, so it is totally perfect and straight when done.

Aaron

Look up letterpress type. It is left over from the old days of printing. Exactly what you are looking for, but you will have to look a little bit. You press it in, not pound it. It is also set as a full word or phrase, so it is totally perfect and straight when done.

Aaron

As Aaron said, look for letterpress type and eBay is a good place to look. When looking for the letterpress type use Search Words: - printers type, letterpress type, metal type, metal fonts, hot stamping fonts, hot stamping letters, metal letters. I also use the point size that I am looking for to narrow my search. Here is some information to help you get the right size of type:

Points are a measurement of the Block Height which the letter is on. So the letter printing is smaller than the block height. When these were manufactured at the foundry they were cataloged at the block height.

The below conversions are the block height:

• 12 pt is approx 1/8 inch

• 18 pt is approx 1/4 inch

• 24 pt is approx 5/16

• 36 pt is approx 1/2 inch

• 48 pt is approx 5/8 inch

• 60 pt is approx 13/16

• 72 pt is approx 1 inch

• 84 pt is approx 1 3/16 inch

You can also also purchase brand new type at: M&H Foundry ( http://www.arionpress.com/mandh/catalog.htm )

For some description of using letterpress type on leather try this:

www.pslac.org/download_area/Typography%20in%20Leather%20Article.pdf

Hope this helps.

Bob Stelmack

The pslac article Bob posted above is full of great information. I really encourage everyone to read through it is you ever want to put words or letters on leather.

I have bought almost all of my font off of Craigs list. It appears fairly often.

Aaron