I haven't posted in these forums for quite some time so hoping it's still fairly active. I got this saddle in for billet replacements but I've got the issue of not being sure how to drop the panels on an english saddle with the single roll up front, and I would just wiggle the needle up in there but this second rivet/tack is holding the flap down too tightly to get to the front billets(they all need replaced on both sides). I'm not sure if there is a tool that can safely get under the rivet, or if someone knows where to pop seams along the front on a single roll saddle and still be able to put it back together or do I need to just tell them that front billet is a lost cause? Any help would be greatly appreciated; I've done billet replacements before but the saddles always had the double roll up front where you can easily pop and replace the stitching to just drop the underside down and out of the way.

BachSaddle3.jpg

BachSaddle1.jpg

BachSaddle2.jpg

I would assume it is clinched the same as the top nail.  To access the clinch you'll have to loosen the front of the panel.  They should be attached in the same manner as the rear.  It's a real pain in the rear, which is yet another reason I hate working on English saddles.

I usually don't mind english saddles, but I've not had to work on one with a second tack being in the way like this one so far. Worried about hurting the leather around it trying to pry it out and don't have anything thin enough to get under it currently.

I saw one similar to this one.  The tab was stitched first then the cantle was stitched.  You may have to un-lace the cantle first.  

I agree with Big Sioux you will have to drop the front of the saddle and it may give you better access to the nail,  bear in mind once you have pulled the nail you will

have to replace it and looking at the photos, it has a logo on it highly unlikely you will get one with the same logo so i would replace the the other side as well but that's

just me

Hope this helps

JCUK 

No, you see, the problem for me is I don't know how to safely drop the panel on the english saddles with the single roll on the pommel. I USUALLY just drop the front of the panels to do the billet replacement. The back side doesn't look terribly inviting to work with either as far as putting it back together after popping stitches. Which is why i was looking at just pulling the rivet, but if it's actually clinched on the other side... I'm not sure how to approach this? I can replace all but the front most billet without messing with anything else but the goal is to replace them all. :\

Sorry for the late reply not if you have done the work if so how did it go.

If not very hard to help not seeing the saddle in flesh, to to drop the front i mark the pommel using a china graph pencil this is to show when you come to put back together you are lining it up correctly that way you will use the same holes when stitching/lacing it together the same applies when lacing the panels at the back of the saddle.

Hope this helps

JCUK