Well Laughing Crow's Work Boot DVD has begun shipping (does invisible backflip). I received mine today. Yippppeeeee!!!!

I just wanted to let everyone know that it is now available as a DVD, streaming subscription, or streaming rental. 

I, personally had to have a hard copy.

For those who don't know, this is the first DVD of it's kind that I know of. I have wanted to make my own work boots for probably as long as I have been playing with leather.

I searched high and low for information. There isn't a lot that is readily accessable for lasted boot making. Especially, when it comes to forming and fitting a last. 

These instructions empower us to make work boots with minimal tools and no lasts.

How awesome is that?

Oh life is so unfair!  I'm less than 4 hours from them and I haven't receive mine yet.  Since it's a long weekend, the soonest I'll get it is Tuesday.  *sigh*  Totally jealous and very happy for you. 

Looking forward to seeing your new boots.  FYI, Maverick Leather in Bend OR carries SB leather.  Was looking last night and I've got to say their prices are really tempting.

*sigh* Tuesday will eventually get here.  Did I mention I'm jealous?

Mine was supposed to be here this Tuesday. 

And I like Maverick.

Nstarleather has lots of SB boot for sale here on this site.

Edited by bikermutt07

So, I have made it thru the first disc. The education on using the safety skiver alone is worth the 50 bucks. 

I have always hated skiving and avoided it as much as possible. Especially with a safety or super skiver. Now that I know the mechanics of using it, I am looking forward to trying it again.

Edited by bikermutt07

bikermutt Have you made any more progress on your boots?

Not really. I decided to go ahead and shoot for a lasted boot and got discouraged in the design phase. 

And I am starting to get busy not only with work, but side work as well. 

I will get to them eventually. Lol