TomW2

First time in a long time.

I haven't done any leather work since I was in the Boy Scouts.  So this is the first project that I have done in 25 years!  I am really enjoying getting back into it.   I made a sheath or mask for my new camp ax.  I kind of had some trouble with the dying but I am pretty happy with how it came out.

ax mask.jpg

Edited by TomW2

Dry nice! Love the color and shape

Very nice! What is the collar around the handle for? I thought it might protect the handle if the head missed the target but the blade is so large you probably couldn't miss.:)

20 hours ago, Carnivore said:

Very nice! What is the collar around the handle for? I thought it might protect the handle if the head missed the target but the blade is so large you probably couldn't miss.:)

Thanks!  The collar just helps protect the handle.  If you split a piece of wood it will keep it from hitting the handle on the sides and keeps it safe from mis-hits. 

11 hours ago, buzzardbait said:

Welcome back to the craft. where in N.C. are you?

I'm just south of Asheville.

Looks great and welcome back to the craft!

1 hour ago, Dave Richardson said:

Great looking sheath, really sets off the whole rig. Does it have a welt and how did you do the rivets without breaking the stitch ? Really nice look !

Thanks.  It does have a welt and the stitching was done after I set the rivets.  The stiches look a little sketchy but I used a drill press to drill my holes for stitching.