Sign in to follow this  
mcbleatherneck

""Hear Sir" from Mississippi

Just wanted to introduce myself.

Ain't it amazing how we can be introduced to something like leatherwork and for some of us that interest never dies.  In 1958 my Industrial Arts teacher introduced us to a 6 weeks course in Leather Craft and to this day I still hold that interest.  I have piddled with the craft now for 60 years crafting what I needed when I needed it while serving my country for 6 years in the U.S.M.C. ( 1966-1971 MOS 0311) and 32 years in the Mississippi Air National Guard ( AFSC 54271) .   After retiring from the Mississippi Military Department and finding a lull in customizing the venerable Colt 1911 semi automatic pistol, " which was the design given by God to us through John M. Browning that represents the epitome of what a killing tool needs to be, " I invested in some proper leather craft tools to find out what I might be capable off.   I will be watching the advise provided by all the wizards on this forum to help me with that.

Simper Fi                

Welcome back to leather. Thank you for your service. 

Welcome mcbleatherneck you should find this forum and list members a wonderful resource for all your needs. Personally I prefer the Browning Hi Power from the Belgium factory, not the military version, over the Colt 1911 but both are excellent guns.

kgg