Arawlings702

Just acquired a vintage claes patcher

Looking for close up photos of a vintage claes patcher to see what a complete machine looks like. I recently acquired a machine I thought was a 29k but turns out its actually a claes. I emailed the company that obtained claes and waiting for a reply.  I know its missing parts but it was local and some days I'm an optimist or idiot.  I'm in Las Vegas, NV area

20190119_094837.jpg

20190119_095058.jpg

Did it have 100 meters of old rope attached to it when you found it, I see its on the beach, that gives a clue

Wonder how it happens to have a Singer decal?

Here are pictures of one I restored.  I tore it down to the casting.  Let me know if you need other pictures, I have many from the teardown.  If it turns out you don't restore it, but part it out, would you please let me know, I need a part or two.  Most parts are still available, although pricey.  The movie shows some of the backside.

IMG_2966.JPGIMG_2968.JPGIMG_2969.JPG

Restored Sewing Machine - photo 3.JPG

IMG_2999.MOV

Edited by Evo160K

That is either a Claes 200 series or RPX.  Certain parts not easy to come by or are no longer available..  I have a few.  Just trying to figure out what you need.  Contact me, I may be able to help.  It may be a parts machine as well.

glenn

Edited by shoepatcher

Evo160k. Thank you for taking the time to respond and post the pics. You did a beautiful job restoring your machine.  Your video is perfect. Everyone takes pics of the front of machines but rarely the back. Mine was used as a display in a boutique in Vegas. I have to take a die grinder to some tack welds used to immobilize the machine and cross my fingers. At that point I can try to replace bolts on the back and see what moves when I turn it. If it doesn't fly apart,  I'll try to disassemble and get the bead blaster to remove all the rattle can residue and determine parts needed.  

Hi guys! I have aquired the exact same machine as EVO160. Have restored it, but of course I did not think about the timing of the bobbin driver (?). Anyone able to help me out?