Here is my first attempt at a mouse pad.  I made several of them as gifts.  This has given me confidence to move on to more projects for sure.   

mousepad1.jpg

mousepad2.jpg

Nice. How well does the mouse work on leather?

it works without issue.  i used super sheen to seal it which I thought might help the light reflect.

I'm gonna try that.. thanks for the idea.

FYI .  instead of suede backing, I used black craft foam sheets available at any craft store or walmart.  I had no issue with the contact cement adhering to it and it looked more like a typical mouse pad since it does not need sewing.

3 hours ago, Sperrier said:

FYI .  instead of suede backing, I used black craft foam sheets available at any craft store or walmart.  I had no issue with the contact cement adhering to it and it looked more like a typical mouse pad since it does not need sewing.

I was just going to suggest this, as I have done the same thing with my mouse pads. glad you found it, and I do love the self adhesive foam pads they have, goes on, and stays on with ease.

I saw those but wasnt sure how well they would adhere to leather.  I will use those next time as it does take alot of glue to cover an 8"x8" or larger area.

Looking good - Nice Job. A decorative line of stitching in colored thread could be added.:) 

Thank you!! My Applehead son is visiting, and working from home. He asked if I had a Mouse Pad, and I asked if they still made them?! He is using a magazine...so I am off to Walmart for the foam backing! Maybe he will bring it to work, and Apple will order thousands of them! Ha! If they do, I will need your help...:gathering: