bermudahwin

BBC News and "Vegan Leather"

And isn't it ironic (more accurately moronic) that this guy is not truly a Vegan?  Afterall, he obviously loves meat, furs, and everything else that a living animal can provide.  It is the idiots like this guy that help us leather guys support out story and puts the fake leather material imitators out to pasture, with the cows of course.

Years ago I guess the veg tan tanneries, thought the same about chrome leather,

To me it's use the best material for the job, the one massive problem for shall we call it growing leather products, is the existing leather is generally quite low cost for chrome and not to bad for veg tan, so to grow leather at a better price i would guess will be quite hard

The vegan family will always be here, but who knows if its just a fad or a long time thing, may be big this year and small in two years

It's just a way of using a word "vegan" in a catch phrase "vegan leather" to try and sell a lower quality man-made material. Preying on the perception of that we all should abstain from using animal products / by-products. An attempt to get the tree hugging snowflakes who want the look of leather products without them/friends feeling guilty on their perception of the effects it may have on climate change / animal rights or whatever other made-up reasons happen to be in fashion these days. BS, call it what it is a man-made material, fake material. There is nothing leather about it. 

kgg

I watched a TED talk on this product a few months back. The speaker was wearing a vest made of it. She had the grace to say that the product was aways away from being stable and the the vest she was wearing in the 20 or so talk was already falling apart. Stabilizing the product was the issue. I'm betting that some sort of glue/ petroleum based product will be used to fix that issue...more plastic !

Virtue signaling, to be sure. It's like wind power, "Is it more efficient, more reliable or cheaper than existing forms of energy?" Well, no, none of those things, but hey, at least it's not LEATHER!!!"