5 hours ago, Retswerb said:

Hoo boy, those are nice. Functional artwork.

1 hour ago, chuck123wapati said:

lol that's the biggest roach clip i ever seen don't let Cheech n Chong see that. Now for the serious its sure beautiful and like Retswerb said functional art, it would look great in anyone's house just for décor. I take it your selling those do you have a site?

1 hour ago, blue duck said:

this is most excellent. really like the stand option.

Thanks all, appreciate the compliments. The stand was a custom request to make the piece optionally function similar to the bi-lim floor model. I quite like it myself so will probably continue to add that as a feature. I am offering up for sale as I go (these two are spoken for), but as I'm pretty slow with progress I don't really have a site / inventory to speak of

BTW I had to look up what a "roach clip" is, but I chuckled at the reference when I did

Beautiful stitching vices 

On 12/15/2020 at 1:17 PM, goingconcernMA said:

Thanks all, appreciate the compliments. The stand was a custom request to make the piece optionally function similar to the bi-lim floor model. I quite like it myself so will probably continue to add that as a feature. I am offering up for sale as I go (these two are spoken for), but as I'm pretty slow with progress I don't really have a site / inventory to speak of

BTW I had to look up what a "roach clip" is, but I chuckled at the reference when I did

Amazing woodworking. Very inspirational. I found you while looking up examples to build my own.  You are just what I needed.  However, I would be interested in what you are asking for one you've made.  I like supporting the good work of others.  besides, I've never steamed wood myself.  

On 12/21/2020 at 6:14 AM, Hopup said:

Beautiful stitching vices 

On 1/1/2021 at 6:03 AM, okiwen said:

Amazing woodworking. Very inspirational. I found you while looking up examples to build my own.  You are just what I needed.  However, I would be interested in what you are asking for one you've made.  I like supporting the good work of others.  besides, I've never steamed wood myself.  

Appreciate the kind words. For something similar to the most recent "fully loaded" models I posted (i.e., inclusive of the tension knob, the adjustable-height foot, and alternate free-standing base), my asking price is $650. I'd encourage you to build your own if you are already going down that route - I know I found it to be a rewarding and certainly a learning experience

beauty full work! i love this vice:stitching clamp.

as beautiful as the original

Edited by paloma

On 1/8/2021 at 4:42 AM, paloma said:

beauty full work! i love this vice:stitching clamp.

as beautiful as the original

Thanks much - that's very kind of you to say! 

As a Modelmaker I enjoy playing with a number of media. So I made this stitching clamp out of aluminum done in a WW2 bomber  seat style .. 220E3B09-31B2-4A94-AAA7-AF7F0FDB6FBC.thumb.jpeg.5f20c682d0b07748f6584ebc5216ca9a.jpeg