I've been getting more and more requests for knife sheaths so I figured I'd show a couple with the knives of course.

First is a Kephart style camping knife I had made for myself. I kept the sheath very simple and finished it with Neatsfoot oil only.

5c5087f23ea44_Kephartsheath2.jpg.7a6014689a03193e97baf5cd396ef0d9.jpg5c5087f196884_Kephartsheath.jpg.ac421eadaf282bc00405238d03bf26d7.jpg

This one was for a customer, he wanted simple but I had to give it a little interest and he loved it.

5c50893e97043_Hayessheath.jpg.9389eeebdb6ffa05cd988ffb442a7031.jpg5c50893f42cb0_Hayessheath2.jpg.fbb2cc13a3013a969eea397aa237f2c0.jpg

I never know what to charge for for these so any suggestions is helpful.

Great work.....love sheath #2. Just enough style but not too much. Very cool.....

Like them both, second one is nice with the swoop/curve. My only critique is not to have a stitch where the blade point will slide past. I'm sure most people are careful but I am not, if I'm out in the woods or doing yard work fumbling for my knife I drag that thing out of the sheath and just shove it back in. Eventually any thread in a cross section of where my edge or point will pass will get frayed or cut. The sheath I'm working on now folds all the way over the back to the tip to make the belt loop. The only thing the blade hits is the welt used to space the sheath open.

2 hours ago, SickMick said:

Great work.....love sheath #2. Just enough style but not too much. Very cool.....

Thanks, that's what I thought too. The first one didn't have it and looked very plain for a custom knife.

1 hour ago, CelticPrint said:

Like them both, second one is nice with the swoop/curve. My only critique is not to have a stitch where the blade point will slide past. I'm sure most people are careful but I am not, if I'm out in the woods or doing yard work fumbling for my knife I drag that thing out of the sheath and just shove it back in. Eventually any thread in a cross section of where my edge or point will pass will get frayed or cut. The sheath I'm working on now folds all the way over the back to the tip to make the belt loop. The only thing the blade hits is the welt used to space the sheath open.

I appreciate the comments. Any stitching on the inside where the belt loop is attached is grooved to recess the stitching and reduce those issues. The welt will protect the rest of the stitching. I didn't want to use any rivets to hold the belt loop, I've had them leave marks on the blades and handles and that makes an unhappy customer that purchased and expensive custom knife.

19 hours ago, srtolly said:

I appreciate the comments. Any stitching on the inside where the belt loop is attached is grooved to recess the stitching and reduce those issues. The welt will protect the rest of the stitching. I didn't want to use any rivets to hold the belt loop, I've had them leave marks on the blades and handles and that makes an unhappy customer that purchased and expensive custom knife.

Ahh nice, I didn't even want to comment without seeing all of it, I just know how brutal I am with some of my knives, especially if it's cold and wet outside, nice work.