Sign in to follow this  
Eastelite

Juki lu 563 knee lifter spring setup / tension

I have purchased a new to me (used) juki lu 563. I have gone through every bit of setup information and videos online i can find and it works fairly well. I noticed the other day that the lifter mechanism on the back moves when sewing. Is this normal? I have seen a few other videos out there where the levers do not move when the machine is operating. Could you essentially remove the knee lifting rod, spring and levers? I loosened the set screw for the collar on the lifting lever and now the machine sews extremely loose and creates pulled loops on the fabric...  ill try and post a couple videos today at some point. 

Anyone have any ideas??

And now i am trying to figure out why i once I select a photo under the allowed size, i click done and nothing happens.... lol

Its probably a good time to catch a few “good 563” videos and try to move the last adjustment back carefully where it was. 

First dont think your the first to experiment with a screw driver on these, but do realize. They are “each” in their own league, thus requiring us many hours more tech study. 

If you have proper manual’s, like operators and engineers, thats a start and a nice to mention point I found. Its still a great page & picture reference we others used so long ago.  

Good day

Floyd

So, i have the manual and exploded diagram. I cannot find the engineers manual, and i have watched literally every video out there for repair and adjustments. I do not see anything that addresses the setup of the knee lifter levers or spring tension. 

Lie i said though, if it is not tensioned the stitches are super loose. Im sure something was assembled incorrectly at some point with the previous owners. 

... still not letting me post photos or videos here...

Wing Nut is hitting the lifting lever.

juki.MOV

Just now, Gregg From Keystone Sewing said:

Wing Nut is hitting the lifting lever.

No it is not, just appears that way

It' s not, OK.  The tension release slide is hitting.  

Edited by Gregg From Keystone Sewing
info@keysew.com

Forget what I said before, I'm off my game.  Get one of these springs and you'll be done with this problem, Consew part number 13059, Singer part number 227561

Counter Spring.jpg

Edited by Gregg From Keystone Sewing
info@keysew.com

Thats the way it is currently set up. If that collar was loose then i dont have any presser foot pressure, also very loose stitching. 

While the machine is operating are parts 21 and 24 (in your diagram) as seen in the video. supposed to be moving?

56 minutes ago, Gregg From Keystone Sewing said:

Forget what I said before, I'm off my game.  Get one of these springs and you'll be done with this problem, Consew part number 13059, Singer part number 227561

Counter Spring.jpg

Where does that go? Have any photos? 

Looks like it will reside on part # 2 between casting and the flat steel part #1

imo

Thanks Gregg

good day

Floyd

Edited by brmax

Are the two levers for the lifter supposed to be moving during machine operation?

Videos of the rear of the machine running would sure help

So after i got home from work, I decided to watch all of uwe video of changing out the thread release. Well mine was broken also, plus it was assembled by the previous person wrong. I put it back together (minus the thread release, its on order). The machine works wayyyy better now! I also ordered the lifter lever spring. 

Thanks for making me think and putting me in the correct direction