Matty101

My second wallet labrador design

Hello

This is my second wallet I am really loving making these, carnt wait to start my next one haha :lol: 

And advice would be much appreciated

IMG_20190131_164215_545.thumb.jpg.727c1372191f71000f4761024f9d2625.jpgIMG_20190131_164215_546.thumb.jpg.40ccb31b19d1aab2a4ae0fda3b43a185.jpgIMG_20190131_163723.thumb.jpg.608096e41ac489f75f49f283018de833.jpg

I love it. Fine work there.

2 hours ago, Rohn said:

I love it. Fine work there.

Thank you very much.

You are off to a fine start!  My only comments would be with regard to the stitching.  I think the stitching should be closer to the edge.  You can put it where you have it, but convention is to keep it closer to the edge.  Compare to other wallets posted here and see what you think.  In the end, it is your wallet so please yourself.

It appears you lost the needle priority on your stitching in a few places.  Recommend you study the work of Nigel Armitage on youtube.com.  He is a great teacher and will help you understand the stitch better so that you know what to do with the needles in order to have consistent, aesthetically-pleasing stitches.

But in general, good work and keep it up!

36 minutes ago, Tugadude said:

You are off to a fine start!  My only comments would be with regard to the stitching.  I think the stitching should be closer to the edge.  You can put it where you have it, but convention is to keep it closer to the edge.  Compare to other wallets posted here and see what you think.  In the end, it is your wallet so please yourself.

It appears you lost the needle priority on your stitching in a few places.  Recommend you study the work of Nigel Armitage on youtube.com.  He is a great teacher and will help you understand the stitch better so that you know what to do with the needles in order to have consistent, aesthetically-pleasing stitches.

But in general, good work and keep it up!

Yes i think your right i will have a look at his videos tonight thank you.

You are welcome.  You will enjoy his work.  Made immediate improvement in my own stitching and I still go back for refreshers.

On 2/1/2019 at 7:50 AM, Tugadude said:

You are welcome.  You will enjoy his work.  Made immediate improvement in my own stitching and I still go back for refreshers.

Same here. My only wish would be that he included a demonstration of performing the exact same stitching technique, but upside down/ mirrored (ie. instead of stitching with the bottom of the slants towards you, stitching towards yourself, you stitch with the bottom of the slants towards yourself but stitch away, such as when doing the opposite side of an item but starting and finishing in mirrored position, without using obverse/reverse stitching orientation (same orientation on both sides)).

It's not physically hard to do, but it just took me many frustrating hours of fiddling around to figure out how to do it.

Nice looking wallet. Nice design.

I agree with the stitches being closer to the edge. I wonder what would happen to the edges when the wallet is repeatedly bent from sitting on it in a back pocket. Will the leather layers split apart ruining your nice edge work?