Dun

Dremel burnishers not shipping straight?

I’ve now bought 2 different burnishers, one from amazon and another from a well recommended site mentioned here, and both have been shipped with enough of a bend that the dremel gives it a big wobble

the regular dremel bits work fine and stay true. 

Before I email and ask for a replacement, can this be fixed with home tools?

at this point I’d be very willing to pay for some extra shipping costs to insure some proper packaging keeps things straight. 

Fixing it or not might depend on how it was made. If it has an average to medium quality mild steel shaft, I would put it in a vice and try to straighten it with a piece of tube over it or maybe a cloth wrapped hammer, before sending for a replacement.

If its better quality and likely to be harder steel or cast, it might not straighten before the shaft snaps.

If I ordered it straight, and it came not straight, they'd be getting it back.  If they expect me to do work on it, they should have sold me a KIT.

7 minutes ago, JLSleather said:

If I ordered it straight, and it came not straight, they'd be getting it back.  . . .

This. It should - will, have a guarantee. Send them back and ask for good ones. Also ask for repayment of your p&p [s&h]

This is a duplicate thread on this subject

13 minutes ago, JLSleather said:

If I ordered it straight, and it came not straight, they'd be getting it back

I guess that depends on how urgently you need it, and the lead time to resupply. Nothing happens around here without waiting for 2 weeks or more.

If I can make adequate repairs, that's what I will do, but I will be more wary if I am buying from them ever again.

I noticed the same thing, not much wobble but a little jumping on the edges.  Bought this set off ebay and it's the best I've found.  I went back and bought another set, I liked it so much.    

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-7-Stlye-Pointed-Tip-Cocobolo-Leather-Burnisher-Leather-slicker/172682626960?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Charlie