paulamoose

Makers stamps, who’s the best?

Hi everyone,

I need to know who to buy steel makers stamps from. I just purchased some from Grey Ghost and I was very disappointed. I didn’t realize they were plastic when I bought them, though it does explain the cheaper price. If you don’t have a death grip on those suckers they’ll fly right across the room and good luck getting a good burnish on them. They look nice but it reflects the energy back up rather than to the leather and it bounces right out of your hand. And of course the larger the logo the harder it is to get a good impression.

Anyway,  I really don’t want to waste more money so I need to know where to go to get some nice quality custom makers stamps in steel.

4 hours ago, paulamoose said:

Hi everyone,

I need to know who to buy steel makers stamps from. I just purchased some from Grey Ghost and I was very disappointed. I didn’t realize they were plastic when I bought them, though it does explain the cheaper price. If you don’t have a death grip on those suckers they’ll fly right across the room and good luck getting a good burnish on them. They look nice but it reflects the energy back up rather than to the leather and it bounces right out of your hand. And of course the larger the logo the harder it is to get a good impression.

Anyway,  I really don’t want to waste more money so I need to know where to go to get some nice quality custom makers stamps in steel.

There's an entire thread started by JLS Leather just for this...

Edited by koreric75
added link