2bdana

Looking for a manual for my Adler 467 FA-373 G2HP

Hi there, I am new to this site but have found it to be full of great information and an incredibly valuable resource. I recently bought a used, older Adler 467 FA-373 G2HP. I have found some manual for a 467 online but not for my exact model. Does anyone have a resource for this manual?

You likely won't find a manual specific to just your model, but rather a general manual that covers a bunch of available options, including yours. The "G" means that it should have a wheel on top of the machine to adjust walking height (stroke) of the feet. The HP option means that it is capable of switching between two walking heights by means of a knee switch. Actuating the knee switch makes the machine use max foot walking height (to cross seams, etc.,) The default walking height is the one dialed in with the wheel on top of machine.On some machines, changing walking foot height also limits the maximum sewing speed.

The Durkopp Adler 467 Service Manual (Durkopp-Adler-467-Service-Instructions.pdf ) covers various options, including your "G" and the "HP". 

Post some pictures of your machine including the type plate on the back, when you get a chance.

Edited by Uwe

Thank you Doru and Uwe for the manual PDFs. That is extremely helpful. The extra information about what the dial on top does is great. That was one of the things I was have trouble finding info on. Here are the photos of my machine. 

Thank you!!!

2bdanaE89DD893-DC60-4A9E-8452-3B2B4657BF6F.thumb.jpeg.1489c58c55fd0914d1ad3994fa19e0cc.jpeg

F5757B31-8097-44BA-870E-5CB372747F5D.jpeg

605EC63A-0BD6-4E77-BF7B-4993F930ED58.jpeg

Edited by 2bdana

The dial wheel on top lets you set the high amount of the walk in the feet.  Original Adler 467's did not have a dial on top for adjusting the height of the walk.

glenn

I just bought one of these machines. I found an old mechanic who claimed that he sewed upholstery with it, but it still has the original clutch motor so I don’t see how. I’m trying to convert it to a leather machine by changing out the clutch for a servo and adding a flywheel. This is my first industrial machine and I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for posting vast amounts of information about it. You guys have been very helpful and thanks Uwe for the YouTube video. I totally missed the teeth on the feed dog plate to hold the bobbin case in place. It was driving me crazy and still would be without that video. 

Greetings from finland.  

I am totally newbie.. last time i used sewing machine,was about 35 yrs ago... 

Now i plan to do my street rod interior.   So i did buy from bankcrupt auction same machine (different motor.  Do i have servo? Its anyway 230v machine 1~phase, not 380v3~phase).  Also it have some display/panel. 

Also i did buy big roll laminated interior fabric and 60m2 leather...   sounds big amount, but after my practicing and failing, i think its just barely enough my  -31 coupe.. 

Is this suitable machine for car interior leather? 

Manual i have download allready. And youtube is my teacher... 

Screenshot_20230413_220630_Chrome.jpg

Edited by tonic

767 manual will work as well.  was used in auto industries.  Looks like you  have a Efka computer motor.  That has all the functions.  You have a 720 top control panel as well.  That color machine made in the late 1980's.

glenn

Edited by shoepatcher
grammar

So its about same age machine, i did use last time. And it was new... 

Well.. i try to setup machine and look what happens from what button. 

Could i find panel manual from those sewing machine manuals , or is it some extra stuff? 

In manuals is different type of control panel Mine seems to be  C300     Is there  manuals or explanations for that?

This is the panel, i'd like to know, what buttons means. 

Also machine was connected to pressurized air.   Airgun and  i dont know if machine itself needs air. Have to study bit more. 

IMG-20230423-WA0006.jpeg

Edited by tonic