Sign in to follow this  
07milch

Hair On Cowhide Purse

Question. Has anyone made a purse completely  out of hair on cowhide? I was told that the hair will rub off where it rubs against my hip. And I know this did happen to a friend of mine. So does it happen to every purse or was that a fluke? 

Over time the hair will rub off,  I have a hair on rug that’s lost it’s hair in places but it took several years to wear off.

Hello

I make bags like these I think the wear depends on the way its used and your design I try to add leather accents or straps that might take some of the wear but if its a great bag and the customer loves it they will buy another just disclose that this could happen and its not a defect but something that can happen with wear.

I you would like to see the construction I am located in Washington state your welcome to come by the shop also you can see some bags on my facebook

Have fun making the Bags !!

Greg Allan Saddlery llc 

10 hours ago, valafar said:

Hello

I make bags like these I think the wear depends on the way its used and your design I try to add leather accents or straps that might take some of the wear but if its a great bag and the customer loves it they will buy another just disclose that this could happen and its not a defect but something that can happen with wear.

I you would like to see the construction I am located in Washington state your welcome to come by the shop also you can see some bags on my facebook

Have fun making the Bags !!

Greg Allan Saddlery llc 

Just found you on FB and Instagram! Your bags are super nice, and thank you for the advice. I think I’ll take your suggestion and just warn a buyer beforehand that this might not be an “every day” kind of bag and tell them how to care for it. I’d love to come by your shop sometime, I’ll have to plan a trip to your side of the state! Chelsea