Gullex

Making a Hardened Leather, Hinged Eyeglass Case

Hi folks! This is a hardened eyeglass case I finished last night, using the hardening technique I developed and some hinges I tested the other night. I wrote up the build process here: https://onicrafts.com/making-a-hardened-leather-hinged-eyeglass-case/

case2.jpg

I can appreciate your creativity. Unfortunately, I would not buy it since that is very rough and it would scratch my eye glasses.

Ferg

25 minutes ago, Ferg said:

I can appreciate your creativity. Unfortunately, I would not buy it since that is very rough and it would scratch my eye glasses.

Ferg

This case is just a "rough draft" so to speak. The ones I offer for sale will have foam and fabric lining on the inside.

Lining would definitely improve the package.  I like the design, been wanting to make an eyeglasses case, but haven't really liked the "floppy" versions out there.  Hadn't taken the time to design one I like, this would be a great starting point.

YinTx

3 hours ago, Gullex said:

This case is just a "rough draft" so to speak. The ones I offer for sale will have foam and fabric lining on the inside.

I believe you should consider a leather with a "suede like" backside. I have several. I realize you probably couldn't wet form it.

Suede lining may be your cheapest and best interior.

Ferg

Buckskin lining for the win! Looks like a great idea and I don't know if I've ever seen the hinge that way before. Pretty cool.

Great idea! I like it. 

Could we see the other side of the hinge?