zuludog

George Barnsley Tools

I've just had a look at this supplier  https://www.gandmtools.co.uk 

They have various new old stock knives and other items, mostly by George Barnsley, a traditional Sheffield tool maker who ceased trading several years ago

They include 'half moon knife' for £25 plus VAT - well worth buying 

Edited by zuludog

I've been looking on that site for almost a year waiting for the half moon knife to show up, finally gave up.  Now I have 4 other knives (Rose, Blanchard, Clyde) so its a bit of a stretch to think I need another!

YinTx

I'm in a similar position. I have about half a dozen leatherworking knives, including a home made Japanese style knife, but no round knife. A few months ago I bought a George Barnsley head, or half - round knife for £20, and I'm still getting used to it

The half moon knife would be a good buy, but you have to draw the line somewhere, so I won't be getting it; but I thought I'd post it on here for anyone who's thinking about getting one

The head knife was in good condition, but like many traditional makers, there is only a basic sharp edge; you must do a lot of the final sharpening & polishing yourself