DrmCa

Needle system for Mitsubishi DB-130

Bought this machine not long ago and used it with the needle it came with, but it is now dull and I have to replace it. According to the parts catalogue widely available on the net, the system is DBX1 or DAX1. In my books this is the same as 16x257, which I have tons of and used them in my older Juki DDL 553. These ones I have are 37.8mm long.

But when I replace the original needle with DBX1, the machine skips stitches on light-weight slippery fabrics like silk etc. seemingly randomly, while stitching any cottons perfectly. I can fix this by lowering the needle by 1.5mm. Therefore it sounds like this machine needs a different needle system or... has a wrong needle bar???

Any ideas appreciated! I know this is a textile machine, but this is the only stitching forum I know of.

Pics of the two needs side by side.  Also sizes of the two needles?

glenn

Edited by shoepatcher
grammar

Cannot do: I no longer have the old needle.

DrmCa,

The information that I have is that 88X1 is the correct system, not 16X257.

88X1 is much shorter side by side with a 16X257.

88X1.jpg

if you have tons of 16x257 and they have the same shaft diameter you can probably adjust the needle bar to make this needle system work - that's not unusual to do.

2 hours ago, Constabulary said:

if you have tons of 16x257 and they have the same shaft diameter you can probably adjust the needle bar to make this needle system work - that's not unusual to do.

Agreed, but this also may be why the needle bar height is already messed up.  Many needle bars, especially older ones, have two lines near the bottom below the bar; one is for bottom dead center on the bottom, the top is to raise up for hook timing.  But I don't know.

Got it. DAX1 is different from DBX1. I missed that part.

On 2/8/2019 at 6:36 PM, DrmCa said:

Got it. DAX1 is different from DBX1. I missed that part.

And DAX1 is same needle as 88X1, also known as SY1315, 1128 in case people were wondering what these numbers are.  All designate same actual needle.

On 2/11/2019 at 11:30 AM, Gregg From Keystone Sewing said:

And DAX1 is same needle as 88X1, also known as SY1315, 1128 in case people were wondering what these numbers are.  All designate same actual needle.

Greg,

Do you happen to have textile needles in 88X1 in sizes 70, 80, 90, ideally TIN coated? If you do, where and how can I order them?

I am also looking for the throat plate for the same machine, marked in metric units. I know it shows up in searches around the world, but most suppliers only carry fractional inch marked plates.

3 hours ago, DrmCa said:

Greg,

Do you happen to have textile needles in 88X1 in sizes 70, 80, 90, ideally TIN coated? If you do, where and how can I order them?

I am also looking for the throat plate for the same machine, marked in metric units. I know it shows up in searches around the world, but most suppliers only carry fractional inch marked plates.

Have you asked Raphael Sewing in Montreal, aka: Techsew? They import parts that are in Metric measurements, as is forced upon Canadians by law.

Sorry, only imperial markings.  Most dealers are going to have 88X1 floating around.  

I happened to be at the local sewing machine shop before reading the above, and they showed me DAX1. They are even shorter, than DBX1 by about 2mm.

Sounds like all I can do is lower the needle bar for DBX1 as I still want a longer needle.

Edited by DrmCa