Sign in to follow this  
Cheval

112W139 thread twist

I have one of these machines on order, my first two needle machine- Is there a consensus out there that using a right twist thread on the left needle yields a better result than using left twist on both? In the manual is states you can use left twist on both needles without issue.  I’ll be using Tex 70 to 95 most of the time. Curious what others out there are doing.

C

Use the right twist on the left needle.  It will work better./

glenn

See attached, this will help people understand a bit more where Left or Z twist or Right, or S twist is commonly used.  Usually, if the thread is bonded well, this is not critical, but if you are trying to max out the performance, this is one more thing we can look at.

The_special_application_needle_SAN_12.pdf

That's interesting, I had come across that document prior in my searching- it gives the impression that the SAN 12 needles will correct the twist issues on their own without adding in an S twist thread. I'll have to check those out when testing. Thanks!

C

Edited by Cheval

If the hooks are sharp and set correctly, no need for right twist thread on the left needle. 

Regards, Eric