goldstamping

Business Closed, Selling Hardware

We bought a building which used to be a leather working shop. The hardware, equipment, hides, everything was part of the deal .....soooooooooo, we are selling it!

There are literally thousands upon thousands of pieces.

Here is a link to the first 150 photos put up. We will have an actual itemized list in the next couple of days.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/6AQnKmtRNPHeQ2V89

Here is the listing in .pdf format.... thanks for looking.

Leatherworker Hardware list.pdf

Edited by goldstamping
Adding Itemized List

So are you selling in lots, pieces or wholesale? Any machines?

Good morning,

First, thanks for checking this post out. Yes, we have some machines, mostly rivet machines (big stand up units), there is a Western Punch Out machine with 4 dies, a few ID machines. Lots of work tables, a dipping tank, 55 gallons of a leather conditioning compound that this fella had specially made just for his company (actually had a contract with the chemical company that they could not even talk about it with other customers). My wife has a listing and I am including it below. She told me the prices are just what she pulled off of eBay (which tells me they are highly negotiable).

As far as the hardware, we are selling it however it moves out the door. IF someone wants just one item, great! If someone wants to buy it all, even better. But either way, we want to sell it. I am currently trying to find out what all these items are (just to determine a baseline value) so we can intelligently price it to sell. This company was in business for over 60 years and we have not gotten halfway through listing the hardware that is here. But, hopefully by weeks end we will have it all up.

Leather Equipment Brochure - Pictures and Pricing.pdf

pm Sent

Edited by 24VOLTS

PM sent.

Do you have pricing on the hardware yet?

So, we have gotten the first bit organized and photographed. Due to size limitations, I can not post the pictures up here. I am going to have to find a better way to get the information available and am open to suggestions.

As far as pricing goes, we are committed to being the cheapest available. We are researching prices through distributors as quickly as we can, but it takes a ton of time because there is so much. If you see anything on the list we posted, let me know what you are interested in and how much. I will get on your request immediately. And just to say this, because we have been incredibly low-balled in some notes....we are not giving it away so that someone else and turn around and screw over others by selling it for 10x more.

My wife is putting it on eBay under her account name of Onlinebiz11. Here is a link to her store lists (if it takes) https://www.ebay.com/usr/onlinebiz11?_trksid=p2047675.l2559. Some of her halters will show up. You can click on that and then go to her store from that listing. Oh, did I mention there are over 900 Valhoma horse halters still in this building? Not to mention all the extra horse stuff.......anyone know a good tack shop looking to make a deal on some halters?

Thank you to all.

2 hours ago, goldstamping said:

I am going to have to find a better way to get the information available and am open to suggestions.

Wordpress- its free to set up a "blog" and post the info, pictures and information- the free version is wordpress.org and although no e-commerce... its a great place to set up a digital inventory then just remove stuff when it sells.

Just have a contact us page for folks who want to buy or get in touch. Then just hit the forums and send the hyperlink to anyone interested (Facebook, Craigslist, Nextdoor... you get the idea)

Hope this helps.

You are awesome.....thank you. Am heading there now to set that up.

4 hours ago, goldstamping said:

Due to size limitations, I can not post the pictures up here.

You need to resize the photos.  800 x 600 pixels or a little larger is quite adequate to view on the web.  And you should be able to post 100 plus photos in one post!  Take a look at this post.  http://leatherworker.net/forum/topic/15122-how-to-post-pictures-on-lw/?do=findComment&comment=551171

Tom

Well, I tried figuring out Wordpress and it seemed like WIX was going to be a quicker learning curve for me, so I put everything there so far.

The website to see all the pictures so far is:   https://scottgardner4.wixsite.com/leather

It has my contact info and about 150 pictures so far. We will be getting the other stuff sorted (well, some of it) this week and put up. Thanks to everyone who sent in messages and Phil for coming by. 

Scott is a great guy guy.  He has some good stuff.  He will take care of you.   We had a great time talking!  We should get together again!

On 2/17/2019 at 6:24 PM, goldstamping said:

Well, I tried figuring out Wordpress and it seemed like WIX was going to be a quicker learning curve for me, so I put everything there so far.

No worries- Wix, Wordpress- pick your interface... Im glad it helped and Im certainly gonna be looking as you post stuff- thanks! By the way- was this all stuff from a fellow who had a trailer and did this at fairs and shows? Just curious

Haha..... funny. No, he actually had a manufacturing plant, about 15 inside employees and 5 more that traveled across the SE selling this stuff to all sorts of hardware stores, tack shops, stables, etc. His business was known as D&W Leather out of Gastonia, NC. There are still internet listing about his company.

On 2/19/2019 at 10:41 AM, goldstamping said:

Haha..... funny. No, he actually had a manufacturing plant, about 15 inside employees and 5 more that traveled across the SE selling this stuff to all sorts of hardware stores, tack shops, stables, etc. His business was known as D&W Leather out of Gastonia, NC. There are still internet listing about his company.

how much stuff is left for sale?  

On 6/8/2020 at 12:04 PM, Maltair said:

What he said? 

Sending PM

Check the date on the original, and on the last post. As it was clearing a closed business, I'm pretty sure it''s all sold or disposed of after a year.