Azuc

What are these / What are these worth?

Hey Guys, 

I am hoping this is a good place to get some information.

My uncle is having me try to sell two industrial sewing machines he has in his garage, I know these were used for doing vehicle upholstery and that they do still work but thats about as far as my personal knowledge goes with them. I was hoping someone here might be able to shine a little light as to what they are, their features or most importantly what are they worth in this condition.

5-C579-FFA-4319-434-D-B27-E-85944-B639-D57.jpg

A0-D81-CAA-F89-F-450-B-A009-60-FB5906988-E.jpg

B7805300-F35-D-42-EA-875-A-C797237-B001-E.jpg

33-DD2-A3-C-9-F7-A-4596-A708-D26-D065185-E5.jpg

37363781-A816-46-F9-9206-4456-E63-F21-C3.jpg

C87-B447-C-5-B2-F-473-D-BCA6-018-A02989-DDB.jpg

Keep checking back, our machine experts will be along shortly.

On the forum here there is a machine clasified section when the time comes if thats your sales interest. With that, this infomation may help us or others. 

To help aggregate this,  I have been in a few upholstery and auto trimmer shops. These machines photos youve posted are from and used in that type manufacturing. 

Id like to be carefully honest, in saying this,  or these machines in their models and power input or setup are extremely seldom found in local upholstery or auto trim shops. 

To be brutaly honest most shops could not in their day afford these machines, and additionally the ( be it old tech ) electronics and capabilites they can provide. 

With that step forward address, I can easily say the brand is the elite quality sew machine on the planet. 

Dependent on the voltage requirement of these electric systems, is the actual need! of that power system for many non factory shops. 

Or the need to replace with a less than Factory setup. With this change the ability to use is fine, but obviously now limited on the whole systems initial capability and worth. 

This electrical wiring requirement is of interest first. Additionaly the tech attention to properly use and understand these ( as other factory sys. )particular electronics can be intense. 

So in careful discussion we or others Im sure have interest, but particular electrical requirement knowledge is of interest. Even with out motor systems these are very much desired machine heads. 

With respect some home work on your part,  to “machine” model numbers listed and your initial needs or interest should be known. 

Have a great day

Floyd

Here is a earlier post on a 467 fa 373 that may help you

On 2/12/2019 at 7:48 AM, chrisash said:

Here is a earlier post on a 467 fa 373 that may help you

I think you forgot the link my man, still looking for some information!

What did Floyd just say ? LOL

55 minutes ago, DFH said:

What did Floyd just say ? LOL

My understanding of Floyd's reply is that while Adler walking foot machines are among the cream of the crop for upholstery use, few if any working upholstery shops can afford them, especially when equipped with the extra electronics panels shown in the OP's photos.

NB: In my younger days I learned how to program a Hewlett Packard calculator that used Reverse Polish Notation input. That's how I am able, at the tender age of 70.5, to decipher this type of text. I use the same side of my brain to decipher spam messages containing what's known in the spam-filter trade as "salad words" that are meant to throw off spam filters.

Azuc: Good day to ya

To help a bit, this is like so many things we all do really. Its just many of us are not use to trouble shooting efeciently over a phone, a 2way radio and even this blessed luxury we have had with the PC. I wont even begin to say how mad I am at myself for liking this dam iphone so much. 

So I would ask if your there on location?and if so great. Particularly because many will need/ demand better photos, clear and closer/ zoomed in at a few different places. What do the plugs/electric receptacle connectors look like or what is the voltage needed to operate these. 

We just need respectfully a heck of a lot of information on your end. So to better understand that, are you capable to pallet and structurally support these machines for a basic pickup from a Commercial transport company. This is the first basic question, so what are you willing to do on that end. 

If its typically local, or close buyers doing the pickup truck thing, fine. Just realize many other items discussed above are still needed to get any value on your end. 

I have a good motto and I dont care for others to explain what they think My time is worth, thats for me.  Respectfully I know or should what my time is worth on making, servicing at my level or just consulting, especialy consulting as it kindly takes away from anothers paid time slot. 

Man thats a lota hot air eh!

So pricing for both, say some one picking them up with a buddy locally is well under a grand. Respectfully as I ( speaking for myself ) would need time to clean these up, assuming they are setup standard. With some additional photos it could help.

If you specifically were applying to start using them, this is the forum you would want to return to wherever you were located. And your a most welcome member with many here to help.

:rockon:

Floyd

Quit doing that it makes my head hurt .

The Adler 467 head only is worth at least a $1,000.00.  It can be turned back into a plain jane machine.  The 295 was Durkopp' s equivalent to the Adler 467/767.  They are not as popular because of some of the ways the machine operates.  Sews great but a bitch to put the bobbin in.  That a few other things make the machine not as popular.  Might be hard to turn into a plain Jane.  Hope that helps.

glenn