Yankee63

Zack White shipping has changed!!

I wrote Zach White a letter last week.

I have been a customer for many years. I love the quality of the horse butt leather you sell and I have made and sold many gun holsters belts and small pouches. I have ran the item through check out I couldn't tell you how many times...until I get to your shipping...$16 for about every zip code. Here's my issue, when I received one of your horse butts. I do not remember what the exact problem was but after calling your store they offered to send a replacement. Guess what? They did not spend $16 dollars to ship it to me. They rolled it up, wrapped it with brown packing material and shipped it off to me. As I'm trying to remember it cost them under $7 and I think it was a lot less than even that. I searched your store name and the first thing that stands out is buyer beware of buying from Zach White! Guess hat it was all about? Your rediculas shipping cost. I had a HVAC company back before I was disabled and the one thing I learned to make more money was to LISTEN to my customers. Please consider re calculating a more fair shipping cost. Your sales will jump, I guarantee. This is not just my voice but more of a collection of thoughts discussed between myself and 7 other leather craftsman when we got together for lunch. I personally have passed you by 15 or more times only to have to buy my leather from other sources. I hope after reading this you will agree to cut your profit on shipping and gaining orders from others who buy from other sources. Everybody loves your products, but your shipping is costing you on orders that could raise your profits immediately. I mean look, I live in SC and your in NC there is not enough weight to charge $16 no way, no how.
Once again I am going to place a order with your competition, I need leather, but at a fair cost.
Have a great day, please do not think I'm trying to be harsh. I just wanted to pass on information
from myself and my friends.

then in a couple days they wrote back

I understand and appreciate your concerns. Please know that we are taking steps to correct this issue. We are working on a new website for our retails side that is better at meeting the needs for our customers, especially when dealing with the cost of shipping. Please note that UPS will always have a high shipping rate, and any chemicals WILL have to be shipped with UPS. However, anything that can fit into a USPS and is not flammable, will be shipped at the lowest price possible. Please feel free to visit the site at www.zackwhiteleatherco.com for the new features

$16 for horse hide shipping dropped to less than $8 shipping now.

Hope this helps us all.

Doug

Thanks that's great news.

Im Stupid, The name is Zack White, can a mod please fix my miss spelled screw up?

Please!

Thanks

I can only speak for myself but I have received nice hides from Zack White leather.

It was only the shipping that stopped me from ordering from them more. They have the best veg tanned horse butt

I can find. It is what I enjoy working with and it's tough with a nice natural coloring.

I'm sure every supplier has had unhappy customers here and there. Bound to happen.

This was just about Zack White shipping cost improvement.

Thanks

Doug

Just another reason why the bald guy is gonna say COMPARE THE ITEMS.  The horse must be good, or you wouldn't care about it.  So in the end, it becomes a question of what am I paying and what am I getting - and then the decision of if it's worth it or not.

Folks round here love to say their time is worth money.  But I assume this retailer is the same.  It's not "just" shipping.  Somebody gets PAID to take it off the shelf and package it, and we should expect that to get added to the cost.  So, we won't know how much is markup on the leather, how much goes to their electric bill and security system, web site, or the mail lady.  Just how much is the final "to my door" price.  

For myself, I don't think $16 is a lot for shipping a package.  I would likely order multiple hides at a time, see how that affects shipping.  If it goes up $16 for each hide, I'm out.   If it's like $20 for 2 or $22 for shipping 3, then maybe that's their "incentive" to purchase more at a time, and maybe it is worth it to do that way. Dunno - never been there myself.

I can complain about shipping charges with the best of 'em.  But, years of postal route walking has given my mail lady INCREDIBLE legs, and she can do about anything she wants as long as she comes by here .. WAIT..DID I SAY THAT OUT LOUD .?@!  :o

Just trying to lighten it up a bit round here.  Got any pics of the horse hide?  Or did they irritate you enough you don't want to give them a "plug"?

I'm happy with their shipping cost changes. It makes a  difference when the shipping is almost the same as the hide. Horse  butt used to be $18.50

then $16 for shipping. I went ahead and purchased from them again and again simply because of the quality. The one time I did have a problem with a hide,

I called them and they shipped out a free replacement. I have spoke to them a few times on the phone and they were always friendly and wanting to resolve any problems.

"Just trying to lighten it up a bit round here.  Got any pics of the horse hide?  Or did they irritate you enough you don't want to give them a "plug"? "

They did not irritate me, they actually fixed the problem within just a few days of me sending them the email. I am actually shocked as I have complained about the shipping in the years past.

Nor am I trying to irritate anyone here, or step on toes.

It was exciting news to me and my friends, so I thought I would share the news with the forum that also has a "Beware of Zack White leather" thread.

I have a couple holsters I made a few years back from horse hide to show...I guess I can only show one..

Have a great day all.

Doug

!911 or Sig Sauer p220.JPG

4 minutes ago, Yankee63 said:

I went ahead and purchased from them again and again simply because of the quality

That's a pretty good "plug'.  I've never used the stuff, but it does have an interesting grain.  You've convinced me to try it out.

JLSleather, let me know what you think of it.

I just ordered another hide.

Doug

One last thing I need to add,

To save on shipping make sure you go to their new retail store.

They have 2 stores online but the one you want is The ZackWhiteleather.

https://zackwhiteleatherco.com/