I am embarking on a project making bench cushions for a restaurant.  I have been doing some research on sealing veg tan leather, and it seems that Resolene would be the best choice for sealing leather that will inevitably be spilled on and incur considerable wear. (This video convinced me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyTg_hfpNUM). 

My second question concerns upkeep: Is there a regimen I should implement every 6 months or so to re-seal or to condition the leather? Or should I leave it to the natural oils from all the skin contact it will recieve over time? 

Thank you for any advice you have! 

Wow, I can't imagine the type of patina that might show up on veg tan leather being used in a restaurant for a seat.  

Prior to using the resolene, I think I'd make sure the leather is well oiled with neatsfoot, and probably would put a very serious coat of a beeswax/oil mixture into the leather to make sure spills do not soak in and have an opportunity to be wiped off or could bead and run off some on their own.  Resolene will help as well.  You may have to apply the resolene on a regular basis, since it will be worn down regularly as a seat.  I think experience will tell you how often you will have to apply.  Best of luck, and post some photos, before and after, so we can all learn as well!

P.S., hopefully someone with some experience in making things like motorcycle seats will chime in with some related input...or you could do some research on that and see what you come up with...

YinTx

Like Yin says. Additionally I would make a seat cover for your personal dining room chairs. Do some experiments on different finishes and see what works best for you. Blue jeans give off a fair amount of indigo dye in my experience when dry or wet.